2015 GMC Denali rides like a road wagon !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigwill1957

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 GMC Denali in which i replaced the front Magnaride struts and Rear shocks along with a new compressor and now my Service Suspension Light error is showing up and it rides rough as a road wagon !! NOTE when i bought the Denali I was told the Magnaride Struts was bad because it bounced around alot in the front .....so I have never had a Magna ride system before so I really dont know what they are supposed to ride like ...but I know they are a ton of these on the road and the way mine rides...no one would want one by how bad the road ride quality is .......... my farm truck is smoother ........

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you own a quality bi-directional scanner? If yes, you could monitor the operation of the suspension in real time and see what is going on with each strut.

OP
OP
B

Bigwill1957

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you own a quality bi-directional scanner? If yes, you could monitor the operation of the suspension in real time and see what is going on with each strut.
No i sure dont .... I guess it would be a good idea to take it and have it scanned to actually see whats going on....... I know this may be a stupid question but would this error make it ride that rough? Does the magna ride system affect the ride quality to that extent?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No i sure dont .... I guess it would be a good idea to take it and have it scanned to actually see whats going on....... I know this may be a stupid question but would this error make it ride that rough? Does the magna ride system affect the ride quality to that extent?
I have heard (no direct experience or observation) that when a MagnaRide shock fails, it goes to a very stiff ride. Another possibility is that one or more of the electrical connectors going into the shocks is not properly connected or fully inserted into the shock, and that would generate a warning code that could be read by a bi-directional scanner.

OP
OP
B

Bigwill1957

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a little update on my road wagon ..... I purchased a bi directional scanner and during the scan process i noticed the rear air shocks was kicking the compressor on but didnt see the vehicle move ....so i got a new set of rear shocks and changed those last night and the passenger side was stuck half way extended and the drivers side was completely flat ..... drove it and it feels 10 times better !! but by just looking at the shocks on the vehicle you really couldnt tell that much difference until i got them off and laid them beside each other ......I do still have several codes that showed up on the scanner but Im still learning this new scanner so ive got to do some research on what these codes mean 376429635_278524231640660_406634708462786825_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz