2015 Genesis...no more Tahoe :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iamdub reminded me there's an "other vehicles" thread. But first, my Tahoe history so everyone knows why I keep hanging around here (more on that later).

Back in 2004 I had a new Ford F150. Loved it, but I'd always wanted one of the 2 door 4WD Tahoes. Always thought they were some of the toughest looking rides out there once you put some appropriately aggressive tires on one. And they just looked fun. So I found a maroon '96 in 2006 and bought it from one of those very questionable car dealers you see as you drive by and think you'd never buy a car from that place. But, those things were hard to find around here with 2 doors and 4WD. Drove it, loved it, bought it.

So I had two vehicles. Absolutely no reason for that. One had to go. I chose to keep the Tahoe. Kept it for about 3 years and never had any issues with it. Traded it at 250K miles I think it was. A car or two later and I went back to another old Tahoe. In 2011 I bought an '02 Z71 Tahoe. Loved it and wish I still had it. Traded it at 260K miles and only replaced the fuel pump and back glass in 6 years of ownership.

After owning a '13 Jeep Rubicon I traded it for a '10 Tahoe SSV. This time the love affair never happened. It was just too basic for me and I never fell in love with it. So when I had a chance to trade it for a really good price, I upgraded to the '15 Hyundai Genesis I have now:

Dealership.jpeg
interior.jpg
garage car.jpg

5.0 liter V8 and lots of driving assist goodies that make it a joy to drive. Lexicon audio and a panoramic roof are just icing on the cake. Still has 1.5 years under factory warranty plus I bought the Hyundai extended warranty (which I could do since this car was a CPO). Honestly, it's way more car than I need but every now and then I like to treat myself. And having that much power on tap is somewhat intoxicating, I admit. Sport mode keeps the revs in the higher RPM range and adjusts the throttle response. It's fun, even for such a heavy car it still hauls ass. 420 hp, 383 torque.

So, as I said earlier, I keep hanging around here. First, I'm a Tahoe fan through and through. I have little doubt that I'll have another one. Second, I like the community here. It's been the best of any car forum I've been a member of.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought that first pic might have been in your garage... so jealous until I saw the last pic. I could still be jealous since my garage walls are chipboard -- er, OSB. LOL

Seriously, tho, nice ride!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car has teh sexiness. Mod plans? :p

I know you're not gonna mod it (nothing really to "mod"). But, now that I'm thinking on it, is there anything that they do to these things other than bolt-ons? Tuning?

It's very Bimmer-esque with the interior layout and full-size rear doors.

OP
OP
BourbonNcigars

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really much available for the 5.0 for mods, but there's really nothing much I'd do anyway. Pedal Commander will come soon (I missed the sale) and maybe some wheels.

OP
OP
BourbonNcigars

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that first pic might have been in your garage... so jealous until I saw the last pic. I could still be jealous since my garage walls are chipboard -- er, OSB. LOL

Seriously, tho, nice ride!
If that first pic was in my garage I'd be posting pics of a new Ferrari.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that first pic was in my garage I'd be posting pics of a new Ferrari.

What I find crazy is that the base price of your car when new is only $8,000 less than the new C8. The current G80 sedan is only about $3,000 less. I think Chevrolet priced the C8 so reasonably for sheer volume sales. It has me dreaming that much harder. There gon' be new 'Vettes e'rrwhere!

OP
OP
BourbonNcigars

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I find crazy is that the base price of your car when new is only $8,000 less than the new C8. The current G80 sedan is only about $3,000 less. I think Chevrolet priced the C8 so reasonably for sheer volume sales. It has me dreaming that much harder. There gon' be new 'Vettes e'rrwhere!
Yep. Read an article the other day on the new ones. Seems a ridiculous bargain, even though that's a lot of money on the surface. Now the insurance price, hmmm.......

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember when the Hyundai's first came out, they were the most gutless car's, you could almost push start one faster than jamming the pedal to the floor, they would just kind of mosey up to speed, once it was going 35-40 they had a little more oomph but not much, they have came a long way since then.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I remember when the Hyundai's first came out, they were the most gutless car's, you could almost push start one faster than jamming the pedal to the floor, they would just kind of mosey up to speed, once it was going 35-40 they had a little more oomph but not much, they have came a long way since then.
They came out in 86, for around $3000. The Excel, it was a hatchback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys