2015 Denali rattle under engine/tranny area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinp95

Reaction score
I just recently got this 15 Yukon denali and I noticed this rattle type noise coming from under it. It seems to do it hot or cold, but it has quit making noise once or twice. I also feel like there may be and exhaust leak on the driver side area? Not sure if that could be related.

lbenson

Reaction score
I just recently got this 15 Yukon denali and I noticed this rattle type noise coming from under it. It seems to do it hot or cold, but it has quit making noise once or twice. I also feel like there may be and exhaust leak on the driver side area? Not sure if that could be related.

How many miles and do you have the 6 or 8 speed?

Unfortunately, that sounds pretty similar to the sound my 8 speed was making when it failed at 175k miles. Dealer said at first "It cloud be something loose on the exhaust" but the sound ended up being from inside the transmission. It made it on cold starts and when warm too.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sounds like a loose heatshield or cat heat shield either will make that same noise, you can fix it yourself by tightening up any bolts on the trans heatshield, if it's the cat you can have it welded, to make things easy I would just go by a muffler shop and let them have at it for a $20 cash

OP
OP
J

justinp95

Reaction score
How many miles and do you have the 6 or 8 speed?

Unfortunately, that sounds pretty similar to the sound my 8 speed was making when it failed at 175k miles. Dealer said at first "It cloud be something loose on the exhaust" but the sound ended up being from inside the transmission. It made it on cold starts and when warm too.
It’s the 8 speed, it has 103k

OP
OP
J

justinp95

Reaction score
Took it to an exhaust shop. The Y pipe bolts were loose (rattle) and the gasket was blown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon