2015 Denali LED Illuminated Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to add a little light to my Denali. I installed LED lights under my running boards and tied them into the puddle lamps on the mirrors. They come on anytime the doors are opened and when the keyless entry is unlocked. Turned out pretty nice and really looks great. Very functional too in a dark area.

20140521_213815.jpg

20140521_213746.jpg

20140521_213809.jpg

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great.. I was thinking something similar to this. How did you tap into the puddle light?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Where did you get them? Link?

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The puddle lights are controlled by the BCM. It is to the left of the steering column under the dash.

Grey connector, PIN 8, Light Grey Wire with green stripe = + voltage for puddle lights. Tap into that, there is a grommet through the floor right by the snap lock for the floor mat in the LF. I just tapped in, loomed a wire, ran it down the "Denali" kickplate and through the rubber grommet.

The lights I used were: http://www.amazon.com/Hitlights-Wea...762605&sr=8-3&keywords=hitlights+weatherproof

I have used those same lights in various projects for about 2 years now and they hold up very well. They have a real thick epoxy coating for weather. I did remove the crappy "double sided tape" they have and used 3M Plastic and Emblem Adhesive to hold them on. It took me about 4 hours - but that was taking my time, heat shrink and wire loom, zip tieing everything up, etc, etc.

Pull up in a dark parking lot and they are pretty awesome. I also hardwired my V1 into the mirror. That wasn't too bad for anyone wanting to do that mod.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Looks pretty good. Like the Raptor in the back as well

Thanks!

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that looks great! Those are way brighter than the lights that came with my power running boards. Thanks for the info.

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sweet! What do the ones look like (in the dark) with the stock retractable boards? I ordered them too. Thanks!

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that looks great! Those are way brighter than the lights that came with my power running boards. Thanks for the info.

I actually ordered a dimmer this morning so I can tone them down at times. I might make them more the level of the puddle lights. They are definitely plenty bright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts