2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seth4020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok I’m knew to the forum. I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with right at 70k on it. The one issue I am having is on the back liftgate it is leaking in dust. I travel a good amount of gravel roads and have started to notice this over the last 3-4 months. I thought maybe I just had some build up of dirt/dust so I cleaned it all out and washed it up so that if the dust /dirt was holding the door away from the weatherstripping. That didn’t seem to help. Should I call a dealership on this issue or has anyone else had this issue on their Tahoe/Yukon. Please advise.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that you get dust buildup on the interior of your rear lift gate?

OP
OP
S

Seth4020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you saying that you get dust buildup on the interior of your rear lift gate?

Yes right down on the bottom corners of the interior of the Tahoe. Right where the door meets the plastic molding. Mine has some kind of Crome molding down on the bottom.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an issue with the weatherstrip? Also don't know of any chrome strip in that area. There is one on the outside of the bumper pad. Picture?

OP
OP
S

Seth4020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there an issue with the weatherstrip? Also don't know of any chrome strip in that area. There is one on the outside of the bumper pad. Picture?

I have attached 3 photos of what I am talking about. I am assuming it is probably a weatherstripping issue. 2CFE2607-4DA7-4177-AD06-F64F444F246C.jpeg

17CBA30E-3F25-496D-BEED-8F87A0D50D00.jpeg 1784EA9D-EF83-496A-BDCC-83111B8E6EBA.jpeg

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

Seth4020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you are referring to the area between the red paint and the black molding, that is outside the vehicle and will be subject to any conditions you are driving in. Rain, snow or dust.

Yes I know that. If you look at the pictures close you can see dust on the plastic on the inside of the weatherstripping on the inside of the vehicle. I am talking about the piece of molding that is tan in the pictures.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I know that. If you look at the pictures close you can see dust on the plastic on the inside of the weatherstripping on the inside of the vehicle. I am talking about the piece of molding that is tan in the pictures.
Gotcha. It could be the moulding around the hatch, or it could be mis aligned.

OP
OP
S

Seth4020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Tahoe 14 I attached some photos see what you think.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seth, if you have someone that can help you out have them shine a flashlight at night around the outer edge of the lift gate and see if you see any light coming through while you are inside the vehicle in the rear compartment. I am leaning towards the weatherstrip but try to confirm with the flashlight. If you end up buying a weatherstrip get it from Ebay, better pricing, no tax and free shipping. Clean the weatherstrip first as it appears there is some build up on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e