2015 2nd Row Seat Swap...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericandrews

Reaction score
I have buckets but wish I had the bench in my 2015 Denali. I plan on leaving the 3rd row down at all times unless I need to carry 8 people.

The dealer told me it was not possible to swap the 2 x buckets for a bench but I didn't have much faith in the salesman.

If someone is interested in a swap attempt I have jet black interior with white stitching.

greggovader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have buckets but wish I had the bench in my 2015 Denali. I plan on leaving the 3rd row down at all times unless I need to carry 8 people.

The dealer told me it was not possible to swap the 2 x buckets for a bench but I didn't have much faith in the salesman.

If someone is interested in a swap attempt I have jet black interior with white stitching.

Eric -
Where are you located? Are your buckets heated/cooled seats?

ericandrews

Reaction score
Eric -
Where are you located? Are your buckets heated/cooled seats?

I'm in Scottsdale, AZ. It's a 2015 Denali I just purchased last week, so the seats are brand new.. They are heated, I don't believe they offer cooled in the 2nd row but I have the premium package.

If you want we can start by taking pictures of the mounts/wiring to see if this is even possible?

I cannot PM as I don't have 10 posts but you can email me at

eric at ericandrews dot com

Last edited:

greggovader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in Scottsdale, AZ. It's a 2015 Denali I just purchased last week, so the seats are brand new.. They are heated, I don't believe they offer cooled in the 2nd row but I have the premium package.

If you want we can start by taking pictures of the mounts/wiring to see if this is even possible?

I cannot PM as I don't have 10 posts but you can email me at

eric at ericandrews dot com

Ok. I'll take some pix tomorrow. Mine has 10,000 miles on it but is like brand new. Not really sure how we'd do this logistically since we're so far away but I'll send pix and then we can get a better idea what we're dealing with.

ericandrews

Reaction score
Ok. I'll take some pix tomorrow. Mine has 10,000 miles on it but is like brand new. Not really sure how we'd do this logistically since we're so far away but I'll send pix and then we can get a better idea what we're dealing with.

I agree logistically this would be difficult we would have to ship each other the seats. I could see freight costing about $100-$200.

I pulled up the carpet surrounding the bucket seats and it appears each bucket seat is part of a frame that is bolted to the tub in each of the 4 corners. Each seat also has an un-plugable connection for electrical components.

See Pics...

yukon4.jpg

yukon3.jpg

ericandrews

Reaction score
Here's my pix. I tried to get the same angles you did and then some.

Wow that actually looks like it would be a direct swap out, 8 floor bolts and 2 connections, one on each side of the seat.

What trim level do you have? My leather is perforated, for some reason yours look different, may be the angle.

Last edited:

greggovader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow that actually looks like it would be a direct swap out, 8 floor bolts and 2 connections, one on each side of the seat.

What trim level do you have? My leather is perforated, for some reason yours look different, may be the angle.

Its an SLT. I haven't seen a pic of your actual seats so i'm not sure. if by perforated you mean little holes in the seat for the heat to come out of yes. BTW, the bench is only heated, not cooled as I originally posted.

Mark985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking at swapping my bench for buckets. I noticed on the bench there is a slit in the carpet next to the rear passenger seat. Just could easily swap carpet piece as well. If anyone interested in swapping buckets for a bench in Louisiana let me know. I have non heated bench seat in black leather with white stitching.

ericandrews

Reaction score
I'm looking at swapping my bench for buckets. I noticed on the bench there is a slit in the carpet next to the rear passenger seat. Just could easily swap carpet piece as well. If anyone interested in swapping buckets for a bench in Louisiana let me know. I have non heated bench seat in black leather with white stitching.

I agree the carpet would also just as easily swap. Greggovader and I have been taking some photos and it looks like a pretty easy swap, 8 total bolts and two wiring harnesses if you have heated seats. I just wish we were closer, would be nice to do the swap together just to be sure everything is exactly the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA