2015 2nd Row Seat Swap...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtaggart14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have been stuck at 1100 now for over 8 weeks on my Denali order. I have been searching out on the internet for dealer stock, and several times we have seen another truck that matches all of our options that we wanted with the exception of the 2nd row bench seat. Here is our problem. We currently have 5 kids and as such that fills a 2nd row captains setup. There could possibly be a 6th in the next couple of years and as sure as God made little green apples, if I break down and buy the 2nd row buckets my wife will get prego again.

So herein lies my question and perhaps Mr. Yeti can chime in with his parts business...Is is possible to swap out to the bench at a later time from the buckets, and if so does anyone know how much I would be looking at in cost to buy the 2nd row bench?

Thanks in advance!

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and a bunch.

Later on down the road your least expensive way to go would be to find someone halfway local and trade out. The buckets would by far be the most desirable and you should find someone to trade you even.

Not sure the stitching isnt different on a Denali though....

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stitching is different on Denali...

Also, would the power fold be different? Or because it is a split bench it might be the same setup?

I would just wait it out or if anything find a dealer with allocation to order from.

Robh415

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree

I ordered mine and waited 8 weeks for the bench. I'm glad I did.

Dealers had everything else I wanted on their lots but I still waited for the 2nd row bench.

I am not sure why a lot of people think the 2nd row bucket seats are so great.

fszatko

Reaction score
I've got 4 kids under age 13 and waited for the 2nd row bench as well. Yes, 4 kids can fit with the captains chairs in the 2nd row, but not with friends and relatives riding along regularly. Compared to the 2006, the 2nd row bench with power fold and tilt is awesome! So easy for the kids to get in and out now. Love it!

Midcont

Reaction score
Agree, wait for the bench. The second row power fold is awesome and even with car seats in place, it wide enough that the seat will fold without having to manually push the seat out of the way.
On top of it, they finally put a latch system on the side (also) that doesn't fold.
Maybe expand your search area for the bench?

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone of you post up some pictures of the beach with car seats installed?

greggovader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in Nashville TN and I have a 60/40 bench seat that is black leather with white stitching. I'm confused about how this swap would work (anchors and electronics). Has anyone actually performed this in a 2015? My bench seat has heated/cooled also. I'm wondering if I would lose that feature if I swap to the bucket seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike_16_denali