1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 2nd Row Seat Swap...

Discussion in 'Interior' started by rtaggart14, Jun 9, 2014.

1. petethepug

petethepug Full Access Member

Name:
    Michael
    For those of you with Capt chairs wondering why, why a bench for kids. Even for three kids it’s safer and turns into a slumber party for long hauls.

In the 2nd row the arm rest doubles as a pillow rack. My girls plopped over into the center and fall asleep. They’re also away from the side curtain airbags (God forbid). My 6’3” son liked the 3rd row. Later the girls wanted it all for themselves. The 3rd row became known as “the office”. On the XL, Burb or ESV it has shelves and cup holders on both sides and the right combo of pillows and blankies makes the 3rd row a chaise lounger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Petruxa

Petruxa TYF Newbie

Name:
    Pete
    Is your bench heated?

3. Philpug

Philpug Full Access Member

Name:
    Phil
    They should have the same confort but don't, the buckets have more contouring. We like the ability to put a cooler between the seats too. Having the ability to independently recline the seat backs is better than the 60/40 design.

4. Eddie Rivera

Eddie Rivera TYF Newbie

Name:
    Eddie
    I sent a message to your inbox.

5. BlaineBug

BlaineBug Full Access Member

Name:
    Blaine
    I suppose you are right. As someone who never uses the third row I think I can appreciate a full second row bench. I can see the benefits of the second row captain's chairs if you routinely fill the second and third rows though.

6. Philpug

Philpug Full Access Member

Name:
    Phil
    We travel as 4 adults and maximize the storage capacity. For us, 4 captains are perfect and I will very well remove the 3rd row for additional storage.