2015-2019 GMC Yukon performance full LED headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Nice patience. Similar story here with delays...

Ordered a pair from Function Factory Performance back in March 2021 as they were listed "In Stock & Ready To Ship".

Apparently an advertising gimmick. FFPerformance has yet to answer any phone calls, return voicemails, and only replies to e-mail if you use their website submitted e-mail form. (At least in my experience). Also, there website is still unable to pull up my confirmed order number.

FFP e-mailed a new ETA of May 22nd writing my name and order is reserved for the first batch going out around that time. May 22nd came and went and nothing. Trying to reach them again I finally get a response that the ETA is pushed back until May 31st and to keep an eye out for tracking. May 31st came and went, again, no communication. Reached out again a days ago and eventually a response that they've been delayed until 6/23.
Yeah I checked this week and the ETA from The Retrofit Source is 6/24. Apparently The very first batch of headlights that was released had some problems, so they all got sent back and caused more delays. Sometimes Morimoto is like a catholic *****. Always teasing but never delivering.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I checked this week and the ETA from The Retrofit Source is 6/24. Apparently The very first batch of headlights that was released had some problems, so they all got sent back and caused more delays. Sometimes Morimoto is like a catholic *****. Always teasing but never delivering.
Same deal here. TRS said 6/24 barring anymore delays. Looks like it'll be a year since ordering before I get these. At least they gave me $100 back *shrugs*

Spot on with Morimoto being a Catholic *****.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Same deal here. TRS said 6/24 barring anymore delays. Looks like it'll be a year since ordering before I get these. At least they gave me $100 back *shrugs*

Spot on with Morimoto being a Catholic *****.
$100? Very Nice! At least they wined and dined you after you got ******.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An hour ago I got word the lights had been shipped. Fedex ETA of Friday 6/18.

Ordered plug wires from RA yesterday thinking I'd have those well in advance.. guess not. Planning to swap plugs and install the tow hook valence with a set of shiny reds.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Got my set in today, They look really good. Going to install them over the weekend.

I do have a Question tho. Despite owning this vehicle for years, I just noticed recently that during the day when only my DRL's are on and I put the vehicle in park, the DRL's turn off and then don't come back on until I put the vehicle in drive. Is this normal function for these vehicles? I feel like I have seen other Yukon's on the street that have their DRL's on while in park.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my set in today, They look really good. Going to install them over the weekend.

I do have a Question tho. Despite owning this vehicle for years, I just noticed recently that during the day when only my DRL's are on and I put the vehicle in park, the DRL's turn off and then don't come back on until I put the vehicle in drive. Is this normal function for these vehicles? I feel like I have seen other Yukon's on the street that have their DRL's on while in park.
Mine does the same. I think its a setting that can be changed.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lights ended up delivering today and was able to throw them in over the lunch break easy. They don't fit as perfectly snug against the fender as the stockers but holding them butted up against the fender while tightening the top-most bolts first seemed to get them pretty close. No hyper-flashing even with the aftermarket esky tails which was a concern. Going to leave the grill off until it's dark enough to calibrate. Grew impatient to leave 1 of the stock HID's in for any good comparison - maybe I'll throw the passenger back in tonight if I have time.

PXL_20210618_191229081c.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lights ended up delivering today and was able to throw them in over the lunch break easy. They don't fit as perfectly snug against the fender as the stockers but holding them butted up against the fender while tightening the top-most bolts first seemed to get them pretty close. No hyper-flashing even with the aftermarket esky tails which was a concern. Going to leave the grill off until it's dark enough to calibrate. Grew impatient to leave 1 of the stock HID's in for any good comparison - maybe I'll throw the passenger back in tonight if I have time.

View attachment 304881
Take a shop vac to that radiator.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck yeah. Ended up brushing it with Maguire's & mineral spirits then hittin the rad with rustoleum.

InkedPXL_20210619_MorimotoAndRedHooks1_LI.jpg

The plug wires showed up yesterday ended swapping those. Noticeable difference after 100K+.

Would have been easier with the drivers side 33x12.5 off instead of going around it. The plugs went out/in ok though sitting in a chair. Used a ball-swivel head ext get #3 and then a 1/4" fuel hose at the plug end to fish around the steering shaft and in. #8 under the PS firewall sucked. Ended up using the fuel hose to fish that one in too. Two 1/2" ratchets - a torque & a shorter with a single 3/8" extension got 8 out/in but wasn't easy.

Put the lower tow hook valence in Friday night also. That seemed about as fun as the spark plugs. Broke one of the fog light clips but all holds together tight. Good time to clean the frame a bit with those wheel liners out. Ended up doing lazy-job just hitting what made sense with the rustoleum. Will definitely need to strip'er down again before winter and do everything before the salt wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter