2015-2019 GMC Yukon performance full LED headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BlackYukon have you been given an ETA or delivery date yet on your pre-order?

There's some decent comparison videos starting to hit youtube on these.

This one compares them to non-HID non-Denali headlight output:

256% Brighter Headlights for your 2015 - 2020 GMC Yukon Morimoto XB LED Headlight Install and Review - YouTube

This one compares them to OEM Denali HD headlights:
2017 GMC Yukon Morimoto XB Headlamp Installation - YouTube

In the Hammerdown Motorsports one
@ 0:34 mark you will see OEM Denali HID lighting on the garage doors
@ 14:58 mark you will see the Morimoto XB LED lighting on the garage doors.

If you open 2 browser windows and freeze these 2 times and compare I'm not sure I see THAT much more improvement over the HID? It's clearly brighter and wider I'm just not sure if it's $1,400 more brighter and wider?

They do look like they will work with ALL Yukon's: with OEM Halogen or OEM HID
The sequential turn signal option is a nice touch.

One concern I would have though is living here in Ohio I do drive my rig in winter weather; LED's don't produce a lot of heat on the front of the lens and I could see that being a problem if driving through snow/ice conditions.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
@BlackYukon have you been given an ETA or delivery date yet on your pre-order?

There's some decent comparison videos starting to hit youtube on these.

This one compares them to non-HID non-Denali headlight output:

256% Brighter Headlights for your 2015 - 2020 GMC Yukon Morimoto XB LED Headlight Install and Review - YouTube

This one compares them to OEM Denali HD headlights:
2017 GMC Yukon Morimoto XB Headlamp Installation - YouTube

In the Hammerdown Motorsports one
@ 0:34 mark you will see OEM Denali HID lighting on the garage doors
@ 14:58 mark you will see the Morimoto XB LED lighting on the garage doors.

If you open 2 browser windows and freeze these 2 times and compare I'm not sure I see THAT much more improvement over the HID? It's clearly brighter and wider I'm just not sure if it's $1,400 more brighter and wider?

They do look like they will work with ALL Yukon's: with OEM Halogen or OEM HID
The sequential turn signal option is a nice touch.

One concern I would have though is living here in Ohio I do drive my rig in winter weather; LED's don't produce a lot of heat on the front of the lens and I could see that being a problem if driving through snow/ice conditions.
I ordered them Mid-January and was told sometime in February that the current ETA is Late April. I'm hoping for sooner tho.

Yeah I definitely agree. If you are upgrading from stock Halogen to these then the Upgrade might be more worth it. I'm currently running Diode Dynamic SL1 Hi's/Low's, so I don't expect the Morimoto's to be life changing. I bought them because I wanted to change things up and make the vehicle look more modern. These vehicles should have came from the factory with all projector housings like the escalade.

I would assume these will provide enough heat to shield off any Ice and snow since there is three optics instead of just two on the factory assemblies. I could be wrong tho, I'm not sure what kind of cooling technology Morimoto is using with these.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I ordered them from the retro fit source. Was told ETA is now April. I ordered these in August haha
Same place I ordered mine. Hopefully they stay true to their word this time and not delay it any longer.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same place I ordered mine. Hopefully they stay true to their word this time and not delay it any longer.

Not holding my breath unfortunately. I ordered in August with an October delivery. Then in October it was delayed to February. Then in February delayed to April. Hopefully 3rd time is the charm lol I've purchased many products from them over the last 10 years so it's likely the pandemic messing with things so who knows when everything will get through.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice patience. Similar story here with delays...

Ordered a pair from Function Factory Performance back in March 2021 as they were listed "In Stock & Ready To Ship".

Apparently an advertising gimmick. FFPerformance has yet to answer any phone calls, return voicemails, and only replies to e-mail if you use their website submitted e-mail form. (At least in my experience). Also, there website is still unable to pull up my confirmed order number.

FFP e-mailed a new ETA of May 22nd writing my name and order is reserved for the first batch going out around that time. May 22nd came and went and nothing. Trying to reach them again I finally get a response that the ETA is pushed back until May 31st and to keep an eye out for tracking. May 31st came and went, again, no communication. Reached out again a days ago and eventually a response that they've been delayed until 6/23.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne