2014 Yukon XL - LC9 5.3L blew up @ 94,*** Miles! - New Motor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion it is too big. However, I have not run camshafts in LS motors yet but plenty others on this forum have and done so recently. If you do decide to run this camshaft, find out if it was designed to work with AFM or not. Most camshafts advertised for Gen IV are still made for AFM but some are basically Gen III without needing to convert the sprocket.

You'll lose low end torque with that grind unless Lunati has a certain way to install it for trucks. If memory serves, you'll want a powerband that begins before the stall speed of the torque converter and peaks right before the shift points. Are you going to be spinning that LC9 to 6,400 rpms? The Crane Cam that my eye is on, the 1449501, has a powerband from 800 to 5000 rpms and is good for 48 horsepower and 40 ft/lbs of torque (engine dyno). It's peak hp is from 5000 to 5600 rpms and there's no torque loss at any point in the rpm range compared with the original camshaft.

The stock 6L80 is rated for 439 ft/lbs of torque and 6,500 rpms.

Ohh, another thing to consider is VVT. Your engine has it and it is good for fuel economy and extending the power band with a mild camshaft. Most camshafts do not take advantage of VVT technology so you'll have o decide whether to keep it, modify it, or delete it when you get rid of AFM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660