2013 Yukon - permanently turn off dome lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dictum

Reaction score
2013 Yukon XL Denali
I don't care to ever turn on dome lights, how do I disable them when a door is opened?
I tried the button to the right of the headlight switch, pushed it in to no effect.
Also I want to disable the headlights (DRL) from turning on when it's unlocked.

Basically when I unlock the door, I want just to unlock the door and get in without lights turning on.

vGZjJfd.jpg

Last edited:

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dome override switch should keep them off. Easiest alternative is to probably pull out all the bulbs.

Disabling the lights with lock/unlock is a programming thing - might have to have a dealership do it, if it's even possible.

Reaction score
There is an option in the DIC settings for approach lighting. Turn this off and the headlights won't come on when unlocking vehicle remotely

OP
OP
D

dictum

Reaction score
I can't find the DIC settings. How do I get there?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really don't want any of the interior lights to ever come on, simply remove the bulbs from each light socket.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that would be the row of 4 black buttons to the right of the cluster. i think the 3rd one down has the settings you need. hit the checkmark on the bottom to engage/change settings. letter "G" in the diagram

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt