2013 Tahoe radio/rear seat issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robin sampley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Tahoe, 123000 miles , the radio quit working, so did park assist, onstar! It randomly comes on from time to time? Is there a wire loose? Why is the rest of the stuff not working? And I had to take the rear seat out and now I can’t get it to release to come back up? Any suggestions for me! I really like my Tahoe and I’ve had it about 6 months now! Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Tahoe, 123000 miles , the radio quit working, so did park assist, onstar! It randomly comes on from time to time? Is there a wire loose? Why is the rest of the stuff not working? And I had to take the rear seat out and now I can’t get it to release to come back up? Any suggestions for me! I really like my Tahoe and I’ve had it about 6 months now! Thanks
Welcome to the forum Robin.

In regards to your radio/onstar/park assist, it sounds like a possible loose connection/frayed wire. Not knowing your abilities, are you able to pull the radio and check the connections on the backside? I would also check the harness connections.wire conditions under the dash. Unfortunately, some of this stuff just takes some good old fashion detective work. I would also check all the ground and power connections that you can find. These trucks don't like bad grounds and can do some funky stuff.

As for the 3rd row seats, that can be a couple of things. Can you get it to release to come back out still or is it stuck in the truck? There are some cables/guides that can get messed up in the seat and not allow you to release the latch. If you can get it out and work on it on the bench, it is a lot easier than in the vehicle. There are a couple youtube videos out there that walk you through the common issues with the seats not releasing properly. I posted a link to a few of them but there are more out there.

OP
OP
robin sampley

robin sampley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you so much! Yes the Seat is in my kitchen floor! So I watched the video and I’m gonna troubleshoot and see how it goes!

OP
OP
robin sampley

robin sampley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you so much! Yes the Seat is in my kitchen floor! So I watched the video and I’m gonna troubleshoot and see how it goes!
Well one down and now for the Radio!!! Got the seat fixed thanks to your video you sent me now for me to figure out what gremlins are in my radio!!!

OP
OP
robin sampley

robin sampley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so I finally needed up taking my Tahoe to the dealer!the Radio Brain has gone bad and is controls all the things that aren’t working so I did purchase the extended warranty and it covered the new radio.. wahoo!! So it’s in and fixed all is good!!! So just know if your having this issue it’s not a quick fix!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645