2013 Tahoe - Passenger side power mirror not working properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expredator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been having the issue that the passenger side power mirror is not working properly. I love the feature that the side mirrors turn down when I put in the reverse gear, and while the driver side works flawlessly, the passenger side sometimes does not move smoothly. This issue is only present in certain positions, so what I've been doing is that when the mirror does not move smoothly, I just move its position a little bit until I find the position where it does not happen. I feel like when I drive and the mirror slowly changes its position over time (by driving over bumps and such), it gets into a position, where it does not move smoothly again. No issues with folding the mirror or moving it completely in any direction. I have not taken apart the mirror yet, but wanted to get ideas first as to what might be causing this issue.

Here is a video: https://streamable.com/ubgxtm

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been having the issue that the passenger side power mirror is not working properly. I love the feature that the side mirrors turn down when I put in the reverse gear, and while the driver side works flawlessly, the passenger side sometimes does not move smoothly. This issue is only present in certain positions, so what I've been doing is that when the mirror does not move smoothly, I just move its position a little bit until I find the position where it does not happen. I feel like when I drive and the mirror slowly changes its position over time (by driving over bumps and such), it gets into a position, where it does not move smoothly again. No issues with folding the mirror or moving it completely in any direction. I have not taken apart the mirror yet, but wanted to get ideas first as to what might be causing this issue.

Here is a video: https://streamable.com/ubgxtm
sounds like the gear or motor inside is not operating properly, you can replace it without even taking the mirror off of the truck. I believe it is a single integrated unit motor/gear
part number 25808704

OP
OP
E

expredator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got around to replace the actuator. Wasn't too hard either. The problem I have now is that when I go to reverse (I have park tilt mirror enabled), the side I fixed tilts upward as opposed to downwards and stays there after going back to park or drive. Any idea what might be going on? Do I have to "reprogram" the mirror or something like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts