2013 Suburban..Steering wheel compatibility question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hoping someone can answer this. I have a 2013 suburban LTZ. It has cashmere colored steering wheel that is heated. Needs replacement. The GM wheel is being discontinued and I cannot find a 'new' wheel anywhere. Also the clock spring seems to be a specific model number if you have a heated steering wheel?? the reason I am asking is I found a new cashmere steering wheel that is NOT heated and does not have the radio controls. I am hoping to be able to convert the volume and phone switches on the right to the new wheel. If that goes well my concern is being that the heating element is not there will this be a plug and play and work with the clock spring???? Thanks for your experiences and help

Jim

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hoping someone can answer this. I have a 2013 suburban LTZ. It has cashmere colored steering wheel that is heated. Needs replacement. The GM wheel is being discontinued and I cannot find a 'new' wheel anywhere. Also the clock spring seems to be a specific model number if you have a heated steering wheel?? the reason I am asking is I found a new cashmere steering wheel that is NOT heated and does not have the radio controls. I am hoping to be able to convert the volume and phone switches on the right to the new wheel. If that goes well my concern is being that the heating element is not there will this be a plug and play and work with the clock spring???? Thanks for your experiences and help

Jim

Jim, I see that GMPartsDirect and GMPartsKing both show your original heated wheel in stock. I also used the old number, 20998066/22947769. Ebay even has a new one for sale but the owner is really proud of it. I would call before ordering, especially GMPartsKing.

OP
OP
Seamus

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim, I see that GMPartsDirect and GMPartsKing both show your original heated wheel in stock. I also used the old number, 20998066/22947769. Ebay even has a new one for sale but the owner is really proud of it. I would call before ordering, especially GMPartsKing.

Thanks brother. I guess I should have mentioned the part#? From what I looked up with my option codes and truck it was #22947800. Some dealers still show it but when you call its discontinued. I ordered it on Rockauto also and as soon as you go to pay it gets removed from the cart as no longer available. Summit racing has it on order and it gets pushed back for 4 months now. Thats why I bought this cashmere new wheel and am hoping to retrofit it??? Thanks again

OP
OP
Seamus

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Swathdiver, you just gave me hope! That part number did not come up on my search but when I looked up that eBay one it also has all my option codes and appears to be the same as the other ???? Tomorrow may be a good day. I will report back!!! Thanks brother

OP
OP
Seamus

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put that number in Rockauto and same thing showed it till you put in cart then it comes up unavailable?!

The non heated no radio control new wheel comes Friday...hope it can be retro fitted?

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Youll be fine. Everything will match up and you can move the controls from the old wheel to the new wheel. Since your new wheel isnt heated there wont be a plug from for the heated part to connect from the clockspring.

OP
OP
Seamus

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Youll be fine. Everything will match up and you can move the controls from the old wheel to the new wheel. Since your new wheel isnt heated there wont be a plug from for the heated part to connect from the clockspring.

And the winner is ......... Mr. Fuller!!!!!!....and me.

Received the new wheel yesterday. Brand new with the plastic on the wheel! I completely stripped everything from my wheel and transferred it over to the new wheel. I didn't want to use the new cruise button w/o heat as I was worried about the clock spring compatibility . So all my buttons and airbag onto new wheel. As Kee mentioned there are two plugs for the heated steering wheel. I plugged in the green one that powers up the harness for heat but obviously there is no element plug on the new wheel to plug into. Everything worked perfectly and all I lose is the heated steering wheel. I am cool with this compromise to get a brand new wheel. This was the perfect finishing touch on my truck. I had already detailed every inch of the interior and exterior, new everything including carpet. It is almost showroom new. The damaged and crappy wheel really took away from the truck. Now my OCD and truck are very happy!!

Thanks guys!!

OP
OP
Seamus

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the headlights and all led lights came yesterday and that is the next project. Pulling the front bumper is my present roadblock. Yes, the dash needs to be done but that cracked piece doesn't connect or move, like as if the ac duct under it is pushing up?? We will see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts