2013 new owner towing report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Costal_Cat

Reaction score
Wow she’s a beaut! Any more info on parts needed?
I did the same using most parts that came with the Trucool pack ... I did get transmission line adapters that screwed into the trucool. I cut the original lines with a small tube cutter and then extended them with rubber lines
Here is a pic before clean up
uploadfromtaptalk1564285943459.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow she’s a beaut! Any more info on parts needed?

If you have the stock trans cooler all you need is a bolt kit of your choice, local advanced Auto parts has them .

One flat bar of aluminum and a way to cut it. The stock lines are thin and you can heat and bend them easy. Also need to trim the lower plastic panel. Napa has the fittings for the 40k cooler to work with stock lines .

The bottom mounting bar just needs flipped over and trimmed , you can reuse the stock bolts . I'll get some detailed pics this weekend .

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the stock ends of the hoses fit the new cooler? That’s more the part I’m unsure of. Getting it physically mounted seems easy enough.

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the stock ends of the hoses fit the new cooler? That’s more the part I’m unsure of. Getting it physically mounted seems easy enough.

Yes Napa has the fittings for the cooler to work with the stock lines but you have to reroute and bend them a little

jamoody

Reaction score
I installed an external transmission cooler on my 2017 Yukon before setting out on a cross country trip last summer towing a 4K pound trailer. The dealer told me that the transmission cooling valve opens at 195F, and my towing experience on the flat confirms that (transmission temperature rises to 195F and then stays there going no higher). While towing through the Rockies from Canada to Mexico up and down long 6%/7%/8% grades the transmission temps sat at 195F most of the time, reaching 210F a couple of times for a few (10) mins while climbing mountains in the southwest and then dropped back to 195F on the descent.

The external cooler worked like a charm. Because the transmission was running cooler it wasn't dumping all that extra heat into the radiator which kept the engine coolant at normal operating temperature even during the climbs. I'm confident that you'll do fine with the added external cooler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700