2013: how to raise rear seat headrest for baby seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not the third row, but the second row

we had a 2007, and the rear headrests moved, just like real head rests.
and you could put the buckle for the baby seat thru, between the posts, so the rear anchor for the baby seat would attach.

in our 2013, the rear head rest doesn't go up, and you can't get the buckle for the baby seat thru there easily.

i can smash it thru, barely, and I can rip it back thru to get the baby seat back out, but sometime, it's gonna catch the pleather and rip the crap out of it.

is there a trick/release/lever to allow the rear head rest to move up?

my wife's at home with it now, and she can't get the buckle thru.

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a great question!!! I had the same problem!!! I just forcefully slid it through...

Same here plus we had 2 baby seat in the 2nd row captain chairs. I just took my time and made sure I didn't rip anything.

BTW, here is a BIG :manos: to GM for not making these headrests adjustable.

OP
OP

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, thank good ness it wasn't just me.

i don't know why they would change it from 2007 to 2013,
except our 2013 has the stupid electric release on the second row.

it's beyond ignorant.... I took the seats out last nite so the wife could take it to the car wash, she did not, so now I have to smash it thru to go out tonite with family, then rip it back thru there so she can go get the seats cleaned tomorrow.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to grab a straight pick tool or a large paperclip...when you push down to see where the headrsts go into the seat you will see the plastic trims..one of them will have a hole in the side of it, you need to place the clip or pick into this hole to release the headrests...major pain in the ass.
What can be done is once you have the headrest out you can grind another notch into the metal rod about 1" firther down the rod. Then when you insert the headrest it will sit with about 1" air space between the seat back and headrest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev