2013 Chevy Tahoe MagneRide With 3inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13_Metallic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Chevy Tahoe it is on 22x12 wrapped in 33x12.5 i bought the vehicle with a 3inch lift however does have the Factory Magneride Struts and Shocks and honestly feels like i get a lot of Bump Steer and it does not ride good at all. Also the rear does sit lower than the front. I do hear the compressor cut on and the rear shocks do hold air and don’t seem to be losing any. Could it be time to replace the shocks? And Without deleting Magneride what can i do to improve ride quality other than go smaller with the wheels?

Attachments

• 9091239D-73D0-4F6B-B9BC-514F6EFCEE91.jpeg
    9091239D-73D0-4F6B-B9BC-514F6EFCEE91.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 11

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand...the magnaride uses the ride height sensors to determine voltage at each shock valve that the magnetic fluid (Ferro fluid) moves through. So if your torsion bars were cranked up or down, or changed out... or you installed aftermarket hubs or control arms. Any of that....then your z height up front could be off. In that case you would have to recalibrate the pcm bump stop and ride sensors using a MDI or equivalent. The idea is you don't want the control module to think much if anything has changed from stock geometry-wise And there are other factors like shock length, are you using blocks on top of rear axle..etc ..etc.I have a 2005 and I just use a VCX Nano for GM. No need to SPS update...but I would see if there are any updates for your pcm, bcm or suspension control module. I know that's sounds a bit technical and my wording isn't exact from the manual. All the necessary info should be in the sticky. I'm sure others who have more experience will chime in. Can you list your changes from stock?

Last edited:

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Never believed the big wheels and tires ride any different if anything I feel like my truck rides better with the wide wheels and tires. Change the stock shocks out and get some better ones maybe bilstein or fox depending on budget also some extended upper control arms uniballs if you got the money will make it ride smoother as well

OP
OP
13_Metallic

13_Metallic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Never believed the big wheels and tires ride any different if anything I feel like my truck rides better with the wide wheels and tires. Change the stock shocks out and get some better ones maybe bilstein or fox depending on budget also some extended upper control arms uniballs if you got the money will make it ride smoother as well
I ended up buying forged upper UCA’s and with the magnetic ride it just does not ride good. The Rear Shocks are holding air and compressor is cutting on. So maybe there just blown? Going away from oem you would have to buy some kind of delete kit to go away from magneride correct? I just want a better ride than it has right now.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought only the Escalade and Denali Hybrids got the Z95 Magneride suspension?

At ten years old it's likely that your shocks and struts are wore out, especially the ones out back and likely the compressor too.

There are lots of guys on here with lifted trucks that maintain the original leveling suspension (Z55/G69).

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
I ended up buying forged upper UCA’s and with the magnetic ride it just does not ride good. The Rear Shocks are holding air and compressor is cutting on. So maybe there just blown? Going away from oem you would have to buy some kind of delete kit to go away from magneride correct? I just want a better ride than it has right now.
Idk I had it on mine but compressor never worked since day one I never did any kind of delete simply swapped the rear shocks for bilsteins off my Silverado and put coil overs up front with fabtech uniballs and I hit train tracks running 75+ driving with my knee with a 8” lift and 24x14 35/15.50s I diddnt like my rc uca when I simply swapped from them to the uniballs it was a big difference in handling

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Before it was super soft and spongy feeling now it’s nice and firm not too firm but a nice firm that makes it feel very controlled and handles very well for what it is
0E8C1CE7-BC02-4314-B137-7D0BA0D0EDD4.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094