2012 Yukon XL SLT Service Suspension System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solosys

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2012 Yukon XL SLT with 136K. While test driving I didn’t notice a Service Suspension System with the stock rims and tires. During the purchase I requested aftermarket rims and tires (26”), which got installed while I waited. I finished the transaction, left the dealer, got gas, and got the Service Suspension System message. Could it be related to swapping the rims and tires? The truck does sit higher, so is it possible the suspension needs to be recalibrated?
The tire pressure monitor system light is on as well, but I’m sure generally that needs to be reset due to the new tires right?

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These vehicles are NOT made for 26 inch wheels. That said look for threads about air compressors. You may have one along with air shocks in the rear. The air compressor is behind the left rear tire if its there.

Take the XL back to the tire and wheel shop and tell them to recalibrate the TPMS sensors...they SHOULD have done this.....!!!!

OP
OP
S

solosys

Reaction score
These vehicles are NOT made for 26 inch wheels. That said look for threads about air compressors. You may have one along with air shocks in the rear. The air compressor is behind the left rear tire if its there.

Take the XL back to the tire and wheel shop and tell them to recalibrate the TPMS sensors...they SHOULD have done this.....!!!!

TPMS problem solved. This set of wheels were on a different Yukon at the dealer and they swapped them onto this vehicle. Tried the manual learning process in the manual but I guess since the sensors were adapted to a prior vehicle they have to be reprogrammed? In any case, bought a $10 GM relearn tool from Amazon. Worked like a charm.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPMS problem solved. This set of wheels were on a different Yukon at the dealer and they swapped them onto this vehicle. Tried the manual learning process in the manual but I guess since the sensors were adapted to a prior vehicle they have to be reprogrammed? In any case, bought a $10 GM relearn tool from Amazon. Worked like a charm.

Nicely equipped truck! What part of Florida do you call home?

OP
OP
S

solosys

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2012 Yukon XL SLT with 136K. While test driving I didn’t notice a Service Suspension System with the stock rims and tires. During the purchase I requested aftermarket rims and tires (26”), which got installed while I waited. I finished the transaction, left the dealer, got gas, and got the Service Suspension System message. Could it be related to swapping the rims and tires? The truck does sit higher, so is it possible the suspension needs to be recalibrated?
The tire pressure monitor system light is on as well, but I’m sure generally that needs to be reset due to the new tires right?
So I see for trucks that are lifted that there are different ride height sensor connector rods or shims for struts. What is the best method to remove the Service Suspension System message when the ride height is changed due to larger rims? I found these adjustable rods on Ebay. Any pros and cons on using them?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283715312390

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I see for trucks that are lifted that there are different ride height sensor connector rods or shims for struts. What is the best method to remove the Service Suspension System message when the ride height is changed due to larger rims? I found these adjustable rods on Ebay. Any pros and cons on using them?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283715312390

Simply going to larger rims alone should not cause Service Suspension System messages as it shouldn’t change the relationship of the axle/control arm to the frame of the truck. Now, if you put a leveling kit or a lift on at the same time, you may need to get different links.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667