2012 Tahoe. I need to know that wire under the dash that will supply 12v while in reverse.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshC84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2012 Tahoe. I need to know that wire under the dash that will supply 12v while in reverse. Thanks

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it’s for a camera get power at the brake light and ignition on power for the monitor.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 Tahoe. I need to know that wire under the dash that will supply 12v while in reverse. Thanks
you can tap into the reverse light for 12v+ OR from the hitch power supply..
I suggest a 3157 splitter cable and tap into the 3157 splitter cable AS not to damage your SUV wires :)

this way you don't have to run a very long cable

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how to the 1, 2 & 3 picture correlate to the labeled picture? Appreciate this.
Depending on model, ls, lt, ltz or even pickups.....label 1 is usually occupied as is 3 on suvs but label 2 is where gm allows ‘upfitters’ an easy way to plug in their accessories. The labels in first pic are for cavity 2 in 2nd pic which has constant, ground accessory and even rap.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on model, ls, lt, ltz or even pickups.....label 1 is usually occupied as is 3 on suvs but label 2 is where gm allows ‘upfitters’ an easy way to plug in their accessories. The labels in first pic are for cavity 2 in 2nd pic which has constant, ground accessory and even rap.

Ok thanks dawg.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ok @Galante my man I am having issues here. I am hooking the IGN and GRND pins to run my dash cam. And I am pinning ACCY to feed the signal to my sub amp. The sub works fine, comes on and off with accy like the HU does. Perfect. BUT, my dash cam is not firing up. I am getting a hot test light on the IGN pin. To me that says the GRND pin is no good? BUT, when I was installing the connector on the GRND pin (It's like playing that ******* "Operation" game) I bumped the pin below it, whatever that is for, and it sparked. And now the bottom pin is not hot anymore. I have no idea what that pin is for or where the fuse is for it. Not that I need it for anything, just saying it was a casualty and I don't know what may or not be affected by it. BUT that must mean the ground pin IS good????? Do you follow me? Halp? Maybe it is not enough amperage to power the dash cam? It must, the wires in the power cord are **** hair size... :confused::confused:o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts