2012 suburban lt dash harness help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sinister_boats

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i bought a "theft" recovery 2012 suburban lt vin#1GNSKJE78CR275511. was only missing 2 door panels, steering wheel airbag, hvac and rear media. i have looked and called everywhere for my instrument (dash) harness part #22841063 and no one has it or even shows a replacement for it. i had to try and rewire the hvac and almost have everything working but i would like to buy a new harness to forgo any future issues. anyone ever have a issue with finding a replacement dash harness before?

*pic for attention*

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    643.1 KB · Views: 4

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I would do is ask the parts department you got that part number from for the years and models that have that harness and check part out, local scrap yards. Also Pm'd your RPO code helps comparing yours to another SUV.
Good website for finding parts at scrap yards - would look for a door or hood then call and ask for the part you are looking for.
Car-part.com

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got one from a junkyard when I did an LT to LTZ interior conversion. I bought the entire dash clip which included the dash, supporting structure and harness. It was only about $200. The dashes themselves are $600 new if you’ve ever tried to replace a cracked one. In order to replace the harness you need to remove the dash anyway. You might be able to work with a junkyard and have them remove the harness when they pull a dash to sell.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it part of it was cut off you could get one from a junkyard and wire that part in if no other choice or watch for one on ebay but has to have the same options, you can find the rpo list in the glove box

OP
OP
S

Sinister_boats

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if it part of it was cut off you could get one from a junkyard and wire that part in if no other choice or watch for one on ebay but has to have the same options, you can find the rpo list in the glove box
i have bought 2 different harnesses now and with the first one used the connectors i needed and wired them in. both harnesses had a flip latch type cluster plug where my factory harness has the regular type.

I got one from a junkyard when I did an LT to LTZ interior conversion. I bought the entire dash clip which included the dash, supporting structure and harness. It was only about $200. The dashes themselves are $600 new if you’ve ever tried to replace a cracked one. In order to replace the harness you need to remove the dash anyway. You might be able to work with a junkyard and have them remove the harness when they pull a dash to sell.
i have removed the dash a few times now. the problem is no one shows my harness number which i got right off my dash harness in driver footwell.
What I would do is ask the parts department you got that part number from for the years and models that have that harness and check part out, local scrap yards. Also Pm'd your RPO code helps comparing yours to another SUV.
Good website for finding parts at scrap yards - would look for a door or hood then call and ask for the part you are looking for.
Car-part.com
i have a harness that has the same rpo codes as mine but still doesnt match up. looks like i will have to modify any harness i buy.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have bought 2 different harnesses now and with the first one used the connectors i needed and wired them in. both harnesses had a flip latch type cluster plug where my factory harness has the regular type.

i have removed the dash a few times now. the problem is no one shows my harness number which i got right off my dash harness in driver footwell.

i have a harness that has the same rpo codes as mine but still doesnt match up. looks like i will have to modify any harness i buy.
Can You post a photo of the connector you are looking for either from the harness or the items being plugged into. I might be able to get pin diagrams for you

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So....your not looking at the connector before you buy? just blind purchase?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That’s an LTZ or Esky cluster connector and I take it yours is an LT?

OP
OP
S

Sinister_boats

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So....your not looking at the connector before you buy? just blind purchase?
no i bought wire harness based off of rpo codes as there is no other option.
Can You post a photo of the connector you are looking for either from the harness or the items being plugged into. I might be able to get pin diagrams for you
yes the only thing im having issues with pinout is the 72 wires that go into the connectors for the hvac. 95% of the hvac works, the ac, and blend actuator are not working properly.

Attachments

• IMG_1584.jpg
    IMG_1584.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645