2023 Suburban Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ultima1122

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new 2023 Suburban and need help with the passenger side fuse panel.

I'm trying to hardwire a new dashcam and wanted to be sure of which fuse port to use for both fuses supplied. The ground is a no brainer but I do not want to mess up any of my electronic components by applying it to the wrong location.

Which two ports should I use? This will be using the normal power and parking mode.

RoadTrip

Reaction score
Most of the fuses in the box have ratings for the components they control. I would recommend Add-A-Fuse, which plugs into a current fuse position, adding a fuse for you to power your dashcam, while letting the existing fuse still protect the original circuit.The best part is, you can always unplug it, or switch fuse locations without altering the vehicle’s wiring.

MN1965

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Add-a-Fuse is probably the safest option while still under warranty. Don't give them any excuses to claim you caused a problem.

BTW: With the popularity of dash cams and all the electronic sensors and crap they stuff into these vehicles, isn't it kind of odd that a factory installed dash cam isn't even an option? Nothing like having a $100,000 truck with wires stuffed into cracks like a college kid's stereo system from the 1980s.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW: With the popularity of dash cams and all the electronic sensors and crap they stuff into these vehicles, isn't it kind of odd that a factory installed dash cam isn't even an option? Nothing like having a $100,000 truck with wires stuffed into cracks like a college kid's stereo system from the 1980s.
Besides that, all the cams already exist on the car…all we need is software and a place to store the clips. Hell, they could offer a cloud based service alongside OnStar and probably get some subscribers…

Macrez21

Reaction score
Besides that, all the cams already exist on the car…all we need is software and a place to store the clips. Hell, they could offer a cloud based service alongside OnStar and probably get some subscribers…
You're right. They're probably saving it in their back pocket for future models or make it an EV perk. C8's and Camaro's I believe have Performance data recorders that store the footage

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of crazy that you mention this a couple of days ago, then yesterday the '25 models get announced and they show that it's a new feature coming with the refresh! :D

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of crazy that you mention this a couple of days ago, then yesterday the '25 models get announced and they show that it's a new feature coming with the refresh! :D

Right...but it is only 30sec it says...kind of lame, given how cheap storage is these days...
That live view likely to get some teenagers in trouble when they borrow dad's truck and go park on a deserted road w/ the girlfriend/boyfriend :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts