2012 Suburban..Heated steering wheel problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweet Pete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,
I just bought a 2012 Suburban LTZ. The heated steering wheel isn’t working correctly. The button wouldn’t light when pressed and no heat on the wheel.

I checked fuse #48 and it’s good. Next I found the 7.5amp inline fuse under the dash, which was good too. After that I turned the key to accessory and the heated steering wheel functioned properly. However, when I turned the engine on the heated steering wheel stopped working. Even if I tried it with engine off the button again it still wouldn’t work.

I pulled the 7.5 amp fuse and reinserted it and once again the heated steering wheel functioned until I turned the engine on.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I just bought a 2012 Suburban LTZ. The heated steering wheel isn’t working correctly. The button wouldn’t light when pressed and no heat on the wheel.

I checked fuse #48 and it’s good. Next I found the 7.5amp inline fuse under the dash, which was good too. After that I turned the key to accessory and the heated steering wheel functioned properly. However, when I turned the engine on the heated steering wheel stopped working. Even if I tried it with engine off the button again it still wouldn’t work.

I pulled the 7.5 amp fuse and reinserted it and once again the heated steering wheel functioned until I turned the engine on.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

Welcome Pete, I'll take a look through the manual tomorrow and get back to you. Did it originally come with the heated wheel or did someone add it? Don't know the RPO off-hand but someone might.

OP
OP
Sweet Pete

Sweet Pete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I assume the headed steering wheel was factory installed, but I suppose I don’t know for sure.

Reaction score
The RPO codes concerning heated steering wheels are:

NR7 - leather wrapped

NSH - wood

N31

N57 - leather with adaptive cruise

UVD - switch steerinv wheel, heated

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
Sweet Pete

Sweet Pete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the RPO codes. My truck has a NP5 instead, which best I know is “leather wrapped.” That means the heated steering wheel was added by a previous owner?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the RPO codes. My truck has a NP5 instead, which best I know is “leather wrapped.” That means the heated steering wheel was added by a previous owner?
On my 2013 Yukon XL Denali, N30 is leather wrapped steering wheel and UVD is Heated Steering Wheel.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The LTZs had an all leather heated wheel whereas the Denali and Escalade had wheels with wood trim, different RPO codes. I think you might have something like KA9. Anyhow, if you want the wiring diagram, send me an email.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't have any of those RPO codes I listed above on my 2012 Denali. I do have KA9 and N30, but no UVD.

I did miss KA9 on my original list because it's listed as "heater steering wheel" and not "heated" on the RPO list sheet I searched... Lol

N30 is Sterring Wheel Deluxe

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne