2012 Nav question and request for help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savage221

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the site. I have a 2012 Tahoe LT with 142k on it and the OEM Nav/XM-radio/DVD setup. For the last few months Every once in a while it would say “can’t read map data” but if I hit the NAV button it would be fine. Friday it did the same thing, but got stuck on the screen and then after I parked it for a bit it now just cycles between the load screen and the radio screen about every 28 seconds. The touch screen works fine but only for the time between cycles.

I tried disconnecting the battery for an hour with no luck and I can’t find anywhere on how to remove the Nav disk if there is on behind the screen or do a hard reset on the units hard drive (no nav disk I'm told). Anyone else have this issue, and or a solution that doesn't involve $$$ replacement?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2012 had a disc, no hard drive, it can be ejected thru the menu, I guess yours could be different

OP
OP
S

savage221

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update on this issue. I went with an after market radio rather than getting the one I had fixed or a replacement OEM.

We put in a Kenwood DNX574S in Friday. I thought I got the right adapters but I’m missing all the “dummy” sounds in the truck - no key in ignition, no lift gate warning, no back up warning (I park by sound a lot) not even turn signals sounds.

Did I miss a wire or is it another adapter I need to install?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts