2012 LTZ - 3M Dark Tamo Wood Vinyl Dash Wrapping WOW!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mester320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first post here and I recently picked up a pristine 2012 Tahoe LTZ WDT. I am absolutely in love with the car even though it is my wife's DD. Any excuse I get to drive it I jump at the chance. Like push my wife out of the way to grab the keys. I had a 04 NBS and loved it but traded for a TSX to get better gas milage :(. Anyways the point is to show you just one of the mods I have done so far that really makes a big difference.

Before I start, this is not a tutorial. I just wanted to provide you with some information on what I did and pictures of the final result. I am more than happy to answer any questions that you have though.

I wrapped the interior stock plastic burlwood looking trim pieces in 3M Di-Noc Dark Tamo Wood vinyl. My interior is the Cocoa/Cashmere and the outside is White Diamond. I will not go into what it takes to remove the trim pieces as there are a few tutorials on that already. I can't emphasis this enough though "TAKE YOUR TIME".

I do not have pictures of the actual process only the final result. I am trying to provide inspiration and show how good these trucks can look when you dress them up a bit.

What you will need:

- Vinyl of your choice (3m Di-Noc is really great stuff)
- 3M Primer 94 Dauber Applicator 3oz
- Heat Gun (Wagner makes a great gun)
- Trim removal tool set (I really recommend these)
- Squeegee (for the bubbles)
- Lil' Chizzler
- Some type of razor (Exacto knives worked great for me)
- A second pair of hands for the heat gun makes all the difference

I had a lot of these things already as I have done this in the past but I bought everything else including the vinyl for metrorestyling.com

Prepare to burn the shit out of your finger tips. I it this weekend and they still hurt!

Like I said post any questions that you may have and I will do my best to answer them.

OP
OP
Mester320

Mester320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12fd3eeb48c3dfefbfdf0a26268a2852.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mester320

Mester320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing that I forgot to mention which is pretty important for someone wanting to do this. Because of the way the grain goes and matching with the correct direction on the trim you will need a 4'x3' section of vinyl. I had extra but trust me you want to incase something goes wrong or if a piece gets damaged down the road.

OP
OP
Mester320

Mester320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! Off topic but just got the weather techs in today too and figured I would share a pic.
284674c2eab2c8a7e47e49c6e5125153.jpg
I would recommend them to anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks better. I like the darker tone to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12