2012 Chevy Tahoe .Blind Spot Detectors Add-on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Chevy Tahoe with the Comfort and Convenience Package as well as the All-Star Package. A back-up camera with back-up sensors that show up on the radio camera display the left, right, and center objects and beeps when you get close to an object. I purchased GM Blind Spot Detection Mirrors. How do I wire them to work with the current sensors? Is this possible, do I need different window controllers that incorporate the BSD mirrors? Any help would be appreciated.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Chevy Tahoe with the Comfort and Convenience Package as well as the All-Star Package. A back-up camera with back-up sensors that show up on the radio camera display the left, right, and center objects and beeps when you get close to an object. I purchased GM Blind Spot Detection Mirrors. How do I wire them to work with the current sensors? Is this possible, do I need different window controllers that incorporate the BSD mirrors? Any help would be appreciated.
I do not know all the answers or everything that it takes but this is what I know. Programming will be required and probably some wiring harnesses. The SBZA (Side Blind Zone Alert) has sensors on either side of the bumper cover behind the rear tires. This may or may not require a new bumper cover. Not sure as I've never been under there with the models where it was optional.

I suggest getting a subscription to the shop manual at AllDataDIY for access to the wiring diagrams so you can see what you have and might be missing. Plug in your VIN at TIS2WEB and see if it was an option available to program to your vehicle. It should be as I can do it to mine where it was not available until the following year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n