2011 Yukon-back up camera quit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnniev57

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2011 yukon denali xl

Back up camera was working fine.
Now when I go in reverse, the screen is blank.

Just checking here 1st to see if there is an easy common thing for why it went out....
I tried search but didn't find anything.
Maybe just a wire connector?
Or do these cameras go bad easily?
Thanks for any help!!

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad bought a 2007 Escalade and it came from the rust belt. The corrosion made the terminals/pins on the back of the camera fall off. That appliqué is a pain in the ass to remove if you have to pull it. The bolts have locktite and spin in the plastic when you try to take them off. I’ve done it twice and it was the same process both times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 yukon denali xl

Back up camera was working fine.
Now when I go in reverse, the screen is blank.

Just checking here 1st to see if there is an easy common thing for why it went out....
I tried search but didn't find anything.
Maybe just a wire connector?
Or do these cameras go bad easily?
Thanks for any help!!

This one I can help out on!!!

On my truck it worked sporadically, then like you it quit.

I found that the cables in the rear lift gate had come loose.

You have to remove the trim panel, starting with the 2 bolts on the bottom panel, one behind the strap passenger side, the other at the pull hand hold drivers side. Gently pull the panel off the door, repeat for the upper.

My connections were passenger side, red n white rca cables. Disconnected them slid on some heatscrink tubing reconnects the cables. I put a turn or 2 of electrical tape on the ends then slid the tubing over them and heated the tubing up till is schrank. Haven’t had an issue since. Knocking on wood!!!

Paul
5trmtpr

OP
OP
J

Johnniev57

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks.... Yes, I think it was sporadic first, now completely out..... I had the back panel off before when I sprayed the inside with fluid film. I'll do it again and check connections. Anyone know how much the camera is (if it's bad) and if there is a way to tell if it's bad before buying a new one....?
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts