2011 Tahoe LTZ: #26 Fuse ... empty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoPanocho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In looking at the fuse box on the driver's side door, I have one (1) empty slot in the bottom right corner. It's #26 and labeled as "Driver Power Door Lock (Unlock Feature)" in the manual. Is it normal for it to be empty? Do you have a similar vehicle with this same scenario? Just curious ... and also wondering if I need to add a fuse. With an LTZ essentially having all of the bells and whistles offered by the factory, I was surprised to see one (with a label) but without a fuse. I think everything is working related to my door lock but I've only had the (used) vehicle for a short while; I'm still getting use to buttons, features, etc.

Attachments

• fuses.jpg
    fuses.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 8

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In looking at the fuse box on the driver's side door, I have one (1) empty slot in the bottom right corner. It's #26 and labeled as "Driver Power Door Lock (Unlock Feature)" in the manual. Is it normal for it to be empty? Do you have a similar vehicle with this same scenario? Just curious ... and also wondering if I need to add a fuse. With an LTZ essentially having all of the bells and whistles offered by the factory, I was surprised to see one (with a label) but without a fuse. I think everything is working related to my door lock but I've only had the (used) vehicle for a short while; I'm still getting use to buttons, features, etc.

Seems like an RTFM issue... ;)

Bear in mind, this chassis is also used for the full sized pickups. In a lesser-optioned vehicle, this fuse is in service.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230317_041331_WPS Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20230317_041331_WPS Office.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
G

GordoPanocho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems like an RTFM issue... ;)
Hmm, that "RTFM" would be funny if it were true. But I have both a hard and soft copy of the manual. And mine shows exactly what I typed -- Driver Power Door Lock (Unlock Feature). As for it being used in other chassis vehicles, yes, that would make complete sense. I'm aware of that. That's why I'm confused about it being labeled but without a fuse. That's why I'm wondering if others (with same vehicle +/-) do or don't have a fuse in this slot. For all I know, it could've been removed by the previous owner or a mechanic for some reason.

Attachments

• 2011-tahoe-manual.jpg
    2011-tahoe-manual.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Look into the slots. Are there metal contacts inside?

I've noticed I'll have empty fuse locations but there will usually be no actual socket behind the slots.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that "RTFM" would be funny if it were true. But I have both a hard and soft copy of the manual. And mine shows exactly what I typed -- Driver Power Door Lock (Unlock Feature). As for it being used in other chassis vehicles, yes, that would make complete sense. I'm aware of that. That's why I'm confused about it being labeled but without a fuse. That's why I'm wondering if others (with same vehicle +/-) do or don't have a fuse in this slot. For all I know, it could've been removed by the previous owner or a mechanic for some reason.
Seems like the issue has already been addressed. You have fully functional door locks, and therefore, this particular fuse is not used for your sub model. Unless something isn’t working? Every manual I’ve seen, and every fuse block diagram contain several empty -if equipped- type slots. I’d move on to your next project / upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2