2011 Tahoe 4X4 w/ Rough Country 2" level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmannx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Posted this earlier in the wrong forum - should be here.

So after lurking around this site for the last 6 months I finally decided to pull the trigger on a leveling kit. Went with the Rough Country 2". I have to say I am very pleased with the results. The truck looks so much better leveled out. Front valance trimmed, running boards removed, chrome bowtie. Next up new tires - or perhaps new wheel / tire combo !

This website was a valuable resource. Thanks to those who post & share their mods.

Attachments

• IMG_2403.jpg
    IMG_2403.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2404.jpg
    IMG_2404.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 291

Suburbinator

Reaction score
Looks nice. Did you get it aligned?

Couldn't help but think those buildings look similar to an area near me, then realized your in the next town over - lol.

ifmc100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been lurking around for a while too. Just thought I'd post a pic in case it might help someone else pull the trigger!

This is a 2010 LT 4x4. I also put on the 2" Rough Country leveling kit and trimmed the front valence.

For rims and tires I went with the stock 18" Z-71 rims and 285/65 BFG/ATs.

The ride is great, there's no rubbing at all, and actually less road noise than the stock Goodyear tires that came with the truck.

I really considered the Nitto MT's because they look awesome, but I finally went with the BFG/AT tire only because of good prior experience with the tire. Now that they're on, I really don't think MT would have rubbed much (if at all).

Cost: About $1800 ---- Level kit $70, Labor was free, rims were $325 ($500 used less $175 for the old 17"), tires with road hazard from discount tire were $1400 plus $40 for an alignment...

I was happy to keep it all under $2,000. I'm even happier to be driving a truck that doesn't look like I stole it from a soccer-mom! Thanks for all the great advice and pics!

IMG_1253.jpg

OP
OP
dmannx

dmannx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been lurking around for a while too. Just thought I'd post a pic in case it might help someone else pull the trigger!

This is a 2010 LT 4x4. I also put on the 2" Rough Country leveling kit and trimmed the front valence.

For rims and tires I went with the stock 18" Z-71 rims and 285/65 BFG/ATs.

The ride is great, there's no rubbing at all, and actually less road noise than the stock Goodyear tires that came with the truck.

I really considered the Nitto MT's because they look awesome, but I finally went with the BFG/AT tire only because of good prior experience with the tire. Now that they're on, I really don't think MT would have rubbed much (if at all).

Cost: About $1800 ---- Level kit $70, Labor was free, rims were $325 ($500 used less $175 for the old 17"), tires with road hazard from discount tire were $1400 plus $40 for an alignment...

I was happy to keep it all under $2,000. I'm even happier to be driving a truck that doesn't look like I stole it from a soccer-mom! Thanks for all the great advice and pics!

Looks good ! - BFG/AT's are the direction I want to go as well - I have had them on two previous vehicles. Long wear & run good on & off road.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
If it was me I'd throw some .5 spacers in the rear... I know its level but if you think about on the road with your foot in the pedal you lose some rear height just me...

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
You can google like belltech 1 in spacers and then cut them in half!

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Or just try to find rear .5 spacers harder to find I'd imagine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn