2011 SSV Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ka7woc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently purchased Tahoe. The front middle seat/armrest has been replaced with a 'standard' tahoe or yukon armrest unit which reaches forward to under the dash. There are a few wire looms/bundles dangling. What/where did they or do they go?
I do not have the DIC buttons on the dash. Can I still program additional keys and fobs without the buttons or do I did to buy and install?
For now the final quesion relates to the attached image. What is this heavy red cable for and where does it go? I believe it come directly from the battery but I lose it going through some barrier under the dash.

Attachments

• Tahoe Wire.jpg
    Tahoe Wire.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 14

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
If you do an internet search for programming instructions for keys and fobs specific to your vehicle you’ll find the instructions. The people selling on Amazon, eBay, and dedicated websites post explicit directions.
I cannot speak with certainty about your model year, but mine has no DIC and I program them using the switch in the cluster for odometer etc.

As far as the wiring there’s no short answer, because there’s no single way of equipping these vehicles. Every upfitter has their own methods, and they install various brands of equipment. It’s going to take some time and knowledge of electrical systems to trace and remove what they left behind, or simply ignore it if everything works.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Generally that heavy cable is for a 125 amp auxiliary power feed into the cabin. There should be a 125 amp mega fuse at the primary battery near the right hood hinge. Under the dash it should split into Three 50 amp feeds, one to the console and two to the left rear near the jack storage.

adding a DIC is simple, the wiring is there, you just need the switch. I found it for about $25. On one of mine I bought the switch and carefully cut the trim to mount it. On the other I bought a trim piece with switch on eBay for $60.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

ka7woc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you Sparksalot.
I have looked in the jack compartment and did not see wires. I will lood again.
I would like to access this power for some ham radio installations.
Ok on the DIC buttons I will order one.

OP
OP
K

ka7woc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bill, Thanks for your reply. I have keys and fobs coming. I will try programing one of the keys as the rig is now. When I get the DIC panel installed I will do the fobs.
Okay on the wiring, your comment makes sense.
Thanks again.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Sparksalot.
The decommissioning guy savaged the power wiring on thecopcar. The wires had been dyked off flush with the wiring bundle. I peeled the tape back to expose them. They the largest conductors. Red with black and red with white stripes in my 2011. They’re a little different colors in my 2013.

Attachments

• BBD69FE6-5329-407C-86E0-C457E9E34DC2.jpeg
    BBD69FE6-5329-407C-86E0-C457E9E34DC2.jpeg
    379.4 KB · Views: 15

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Sparksalot.
Here’s the console umbilical and large feed in theothertwin.

I use them for radio gear as well. Also for my fridge in thecopcar.

Attachments

• 7C12E8D6-EE38-4AC8-ADE0-377759F77045.jpeg
    7C12E8D6-EE38-4AC8-ADE0-377759F77045.jpeg
    336.1 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
K

ka7woc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found the rear wires. Mine were cut very close to the bundle so I did not see them right away. Currently mine are not showing voltage to ground.
This may be due to three 'fusible links?' I found in the glove box.
Where should the links live? Under the dash or under the hood?

OP
OP
K

ka7woc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Behind the glove box I found a connector with 3 lite blue wires opposed to 3 red or red/black wires. I have read about a box being located here. Again no voltage showing

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Behind the glove box I found a connector with 3 lite blue wires opposed to 3 red or red/black wires. I have read about a box being located here. Again no voltage showing
That’s my understanding of the location, but have never looked fir it.

Check the megafuse too, just to be sure it’s intact.

On thecopcar, the main feeder had been cut. I traced it out between there and the three cabin feeds to make sure it wasn’t grounded someplace. After that I reconnected it wits a #2 cable, but not before using a very light gauge wire as a fusible link to test it.

that large gizmo in your first pic is a connector. There should be one behind the master cylinder too. That’s where mine was cut.

3AAFF20D-E887-4A3F-BBBB-AEE07B0DF55C.jpeg56F6C416-D20F-42A3-A467-93647A10156F.jpeg41BD273D-070E-466A-B963-A7E8BFE904D7.jpegB3D160FF-8228-4FAB-B8A8-072FA3CA302E.jpeg9F39B456-A203-4A93-BF55-55AB6100CDE7.jpeg