2010 Yukon XL power liftgate will not open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calsdad

Reaction score
Hoping somebody here can at least point me in the right direction on this........

The power liftgate on my 2010 Yukon XL refuses to open.

I think this is something that has been going bad for a little while - because I noticed on occasion over the course of the last 6 months or so that the hatch would not open, but then I'd try again and it would open fine.

Now it won't open at all. The switch on the overhead console in the front won't open it, the key fob won't open it and the push button in the handle on the liftgate itself won't open it.

I am suspicious that there's something screwy with the lock - because I noticed that if I lock and unlock the truck using the keyfob I don't hear any actuator noises out of the rear hatch (liftgate), and I'm pretty sure I remember hearing the lock release previously when it was working properly.

So I suspect that the lock actuator is not releasing , which then makes the hatch not even try to open because the computer doesn't see that it's unlocked.

Any ideas on how to approach this are appreciated ......

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to make sure the overhead button isn’t stuck mine does and nothing works. Next would be the lifting struts. If they’re original it’s a likely suspect. Check your fob batteries. Check the wire loom going in wires get rubbed raw. Try these cheap fixes first. If it’s the actuator more testing can be done but the rear inside panel has to come off. To test it first stand in back and click the fob you should hear the motor turning unless the overhead one is stuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts