2010 Yukon Heated & Cooled Seats Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benculv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Yukon with heated and cooled front seats and rear heated seats. Both of the front seats heating and cooling are not working. When I pressed either the cooling or the heating buttons on either seat I hear the relay clicking in the climate control seat module located under the passenger seat. After about 5 seconds I hear the relay drop out. The indicator lights stay on but there is no heating or cooling. If I press the buttons again the relays do not click. If I turn the vehicle off and back on again the relays will again click and drop off in about 5 seconds. I checked the connector on the seat module and the connector was burnt on the power feed E pin. I purchased a new connector from the local GM dealer and when I went to pick it up I talked to their mechanic and he was familiar with this problem and pulled the repair bulletin up which stated to also replace the control module. He stated that it didn’t need to be programmed to the car even though it was a class 2 device. I ordered a new control module. I replaced the burnt connector and the control module but it is still doing the same thing. I don’t feel it’s a programming issue since the original is doing the same thing. I do feel it is something that is common to both seats and both the heating and cooling function since it doesn’t matter which seat or which climate function I try to use. At this point I don’t know what else in the system is common. Would appreciate any help or if someone else had the same problem and had it repaired.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Yukon with heated and cooled front seats and rear heated seats. Both of the front seats heating and cooling are not working. When I pressed either the cooling or the heating buttons on either seat I hear the relay clicking in the climate control seat module located under the passenger seat. After about 5 seconds I hear the relay drop out. The indicator lights stay on but there is no heating or cooling. If I press the buttons again the relays do not click. If I turn the vehicle off and back on again the relays will again click and drop off in about 5 seconds. I checked the connector on the seat module and the connector was burnt on the power feed E pin. I purchased a new connector from the local GM dealer and when I went to pick it up I talked to their mechanic and he was familiar with this problem and pulled the repair bulletin up which stated to also replace the control module. He stated that it didn’t need to be programmed to the car even though it was a class 2 device. I ordered a new control module. I replaced the burnt connector and the control module but it is still doing the same thing. I don’t feel it’s a programming issue since the original is doing the same thing. I do feel it is something that is common to both seats and both the heating and cooling function since it doesn’t matter which seat or which climate function I try to use. At this point I don’t know what else in the system is common. Would appreciate any help or if someone else had the same problem and had it repaired.

Welcome to the forum Ben. You can get a subscription over at ALLDATADIY to get access to the wiring diagrams and such for your Yukon. There are internal codes stored as to why they stopped working that can be accessed by an advanced scan tool.

Brett Hay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have same issue in a 2010 suburban LTZ. Only difference is I dont have a burnt pin. Can anyone help?

Sean Ellis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2010 Tahoe LTZ The heated and cooled seats up front on both driver and passenger sides don’t heat or cool. The relay clicks and the controls light up on either side but no fans, no heat and no cooling. I checked all connections and don’t find anything loose or broken. Whatever the problem is it shuts down both seats. I’d love to hear from anyone who has figured this problem out.