2010 Yukon Denali Hybrid Suspension (MAGNERIDE)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avb5983

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced all 4 corners om my 2009 with the proper pieces including the rear springs. The improvement over blown air shocks with 230k miles is insane. That said I wanted to keep my self leveling feature and was curious about magneride. If I wasn't towing frequently I might have gone with Bilsteins.

OP
OP
A

avb5983

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just replaced all 4 corners om my 2009 with the proper pieces including the rear springs. The improvement over blown air shocks with 230k miles is insane. That said I wanted to keep my self leveling feature and was curious about magneride. If I wasn't towing frequently I might have gone with Bilsteins.
By proper you mean OE?

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I can't remember if I went OE or Arnott from Rock Auto (who sponsors this forum and regularly posts their discount code here.)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recommend replacing with OEM parts. I did this a year or so ago, and the improvement was startling.

RockAuto.com, GMPartsDirect.com, GMPartsGiant.com

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend replacing with OEM parts. I did this a year or so ago, and the improvement was startling.

RockAuto.com, GMPartsDirect.com, GMPartsGiant.com

older post, but just saw it. did you already have high mileage mag ride with the air level shocks and replaced them with the same but new and it rode much better?

I have wondered how these mag ride wear, normally a shock gets softer as the shock oil thins out stuff. do these mag rides some how get harder when worn?

OP
OP
A

avb5983

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
older post, but just saw it. did you already have high mileage mag ride with the air level shocks and replaced them with the same but new and it rode much better?

I have wondered how these mag ride wear, normally a shock gets softer as the shock oil thins out stuff. do these mag rides some how get harder when worn?

I bought mine with 80k. I believe the last owner towed something with it which lead to more wear and tear than the mileage indicated.

Decided to replace because I thought the ride was tougher than it should be. Really rough and wasn't rebounding like I thought it should.

I went with the Arnott Brand. Bought from Autozone because of the holiday deals. Kept the Magnaride.

Rear - Arnott Suspension Air Strut/Shocks MR-3436
Front - Arnott Strut MR-3568

2 months in it made a difference. I can really tell on rhe highway.
Very satisfied with the decision.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score

When I purchased my new-to-me 07, the previous owner or the used car dealer had already stripped out the Z55 suspension (Electronic suspension, and not the Magride suspension) and installed cheap passive shocks in the front and cheap passive shocks with coilovers in the rear. When one of the shocks started to leak, I restored the Z55 suspension, using all OEM parts. The improvement in the ride was very noticeable.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought mine with 80k. I believe the last owner towed something with it which lead to more wear and tear than the mileage indicated.

Decided to replace because I thought the ride was tougher than it should be. Really rough and wasn't rebounding like I thought it should.

I went with the Arnott Brand. Bought from Autozone because of the holiday deals. Kept the Magnaride.

what you experienced is normal for these trucks, we see the shocks start to wear out as soon as 80k some go a bit longer. Sometimes people do not even realize the system is not working right and do not even bother to look. When they do then they find it's all blown out. The next gen k2XX are known to be even worse and start to wear out as soon as 40k the front shocks get hard and make a rough ride, the air bladders on the rear start to leak air and then the pump burns up from running so often.
I can definitely feel the difference when it is not working right myself, when it is working right the ride & handling is pretty nice so it's worth it to keep the system instead of trying to defeat it and save a few bucks.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

interesting. I have nothing to compare it to, but mine seems to ride nice at 139k and looks like all stock stuff. even the air pump only runs a few seconds every now and then. I never considered they would ride harder as they wore out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos