2010 Tahoe Transmission Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Esteban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a question for you guys involving my 2010 Tahoe LT, my local dealer, and 50,000 mile routine service. I previously had a 2000 Tahoe for 11 years and always took it to the dealer for all scheduled maintenance. Not once did I have any issues or major breakdowns which is one of the main reasons I bought another one.

So, I take it in at 50,000 miles for "routine service" which involves oil change and transmission flush. Thing's running perfect when I take it in, but when I pick it up and drive it home there's something definitely wrong with the transmission. It stutters and slips on accelleration and runs like crap. So I take it back to the dealer and ask them what the Hell did you do to my truck and they tell me they don't know what's wrong or what could have caused the problem.

Long story short, they keep it for 10 days and basically rebuild the tranny, new clutch plates, seals, the whole nine yards while I'm driving a rental they provided. When I asked them what happened, all I got from the service manager is that something got caught in the valve body in the transmission and damaged the clutch plates. Now I'm not familiar with transmission so I don't know exactly what that means or how it could have happened.

My thoughts are that when they flushed the transmission something was in their flush and got lodged inside my tranny and basically ruined it. They never admitted that the cause of the problem could was most likely the technician that did the work, but I can't think of any other reason that could have happened. Plus, the fact that I didn't have to pay a dime for all of this also tells me they knew it was their fault. It was very frustrating not knowing what happened and having to wait 10 days to get it fixed, not much incentive to go back there in the future. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

MABX13

Reaction score
i never do a tranny flush . just a drain & fill . i dont trust the flush at all .

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EstebanGot a question for you guys involving my 2010 Tahoe LT, my local dealer, and 50,000 mile routine service. I previously had a 2000 Tahoe for 11 years and always took it to the dealer for all scheduled maintenance. Not once did I have any issues or major breakdowns which is one of the main reasons I bought another one.

So, I take it in at 50,000 miles for "routine service" which involves oil change and transmission flush. Thing's running perfect when I take it in, but when I pick it up and drive it home there's something definitely wrong with the transmission. It stutters and slips on accelleration and runs like crap. So I take it back to the dealer and ask them what the Hell did you do to my truck and they tell me they don't know what's wrong or what could have caused the problem.

Long story short, they keep it for 10 days and basically rebuild the tranny, new clutch plates, seals, the whole nine yards while I'm driving a rental they provided. When I asked them what happened, all I got from the service manager is that something got caught in the valve body in the transmission and damaged the clutch plates. Now I'm not familiar with transmission so I don't know exactly what that means or how it could have happened.

My thoughts are that when they flushed the transmission something was in their flush and got lodged inside my tranny and basically ruined it. They never admitted that the cause of the problem could was most likely the technician that did the work, but I can't think of any other reason that could have happened. Plus, the fact that I didn't have to pay a dime for all of this also tells me they knew it was their fault. It was very frustrating not knowing what happened and having to wait 10 days to get it fixed, not much incentive to go back there in the future. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Thanks.
Hi Esteban,

We're glad to hear that your dealership corrected your recent transmission problem. You mentioned you only have about 50k miles on your vehicle. That would still put you in warranty standing, so whether the technician was responsible or it was a part failure, the work would've been covered by your Powertrain Warranty. If you have any concerns about your vehicle in the future please let us know.

Amber N. (assisting Jennifer)
Chevrolet Customer Care

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they put the wrong fluid in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts