2009 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BAWLin in WI

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
Here's inside the driver's door jam
Barely got a dusting of freezing drizzle last night and this is the amount of accumulation I'm dealing with. Passenger side door is basically similar about. Back two doors also get accumulation, just not this much but enough to freeze the doors shut. b3603b714d73677a31b72f4555801249.jpg

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Barely got a dusting of freezing drizzle last night and this is the amount of accumulation I'm dealing with. Passenger side door is basically similar about. Back two doors also get accumulation, just not this much but enough to freeze the doors shut. b3603b714d73677a31b72f4555801249.jpg

That's crazy. Looks like that neighbor you pissed off is running his hose on your door. Seriously, though, your doors not sealing. No way.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert

im looking at my seal, take a close look at where the seal installs on the chassis and you will find your "void" in the installation. The fact that it is leaking on multiple door seals makes me wonder if it has been repainted? you can find the leak by opening the door, pulling the upper seal back and using your garden hose to run a gentle stream of water behind the seal and watch where it is leaking past it's install channel. Unless your hose is frozen also? Yikes! My native state is CA and is FUBAR but we are in T shirts by 0900 lol.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 2 seals, inner and outer. The inner is there but I can’t see your outer... they are both behind the door and tge outer runs front to back, make sureits there and correctly installed.

OP
OP
BAWLin in WI

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
There are 2 seals, inner and outer. The inner is there but I can’t see your outer... they are both behind the door and tge outer runs front to back, make sureits there and correctly installed.
Now I'm wondering what seal you are talking about

To me it looks like all the seals are good (at face value)

It would explain a lot if this is being caused by seals that are missing. But I'm not sure what exactly to look at to make sure that is not the case

OP
OP
BAWLin in WI

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
Also, regarding the heat/blower issue I wanted to clarify

The heat does get warm after a while of driving. The issue seems to me that it is not blowing it out with much force. Hence, the windshield taking forever to thaw/defrost, my feet always being frozen while driving, and basically having to put hand right on the vents to feel the heat.

I can really hear a blower in the far back working it's ass off. I'm guessing maybe there is a seperate blower for the back seat climate control, but I haven't looked in the back at all.

Going by my previous vehicle (2015 Silverado), seems quite strange\lacking in comparison. In that truck if you had only the defrost on at highest fan speed you had to adjust radio volume and could defrost windshield fairly quick even without truck being warmed up any. I will say the fan speed does seem to increase when pushing the button to turn it up. So i don't know what this issue could be.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, regarding the heat/blower issue I wanted to clarify

The heat does get warm after a while of driving. The issue seems to me that it is not blowing it out with much force. Hence, the windshield taking forever to thaw/defrost, my feet always being frozen while driving, and basically having to put hand right on the vents to feel the heat.

I can really hear a blower in the far back working it's ass off. I'm guessing maybe there is a seperate blower for the back seat climate control, but I haven't looked in the back at all.

Going by my previous vehicle (2015 Silverado), seems quite strange\lacking in comparison. In that truck if you had only the defrost on at highest fan speed you had to adjust radio volume and could defrost windshield fairly quick even without truck being warmed up any. I will say the fan speed does seem to increase when pushing the button to turn it up. So i don't know what this issue could be.

Open door and Take a pic of the top of the inside of your drivers door jamb. A pillar is what its called. Ill see if seal is there.
As far as your blower, your in cabin filter is probably plugged up. I believe escadles came with them, tahoes and yukons did not. And yes, there are 2 blowers, front and rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442