2009 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
I've got a couple of questions/concerns that I've noticed after owning this vehicle for about a month now. And what a month of weather it's been to have it.

- I've got a headlight out. Is there any words of wisdom when it comes to changing these things? It doesn't look pleasant

- I've noticed the blower doesn't seem like it has much 'umph', even when on high. When I have it on defrost/floor my feet freeze the whole time and it takes well over a half hour (my commute time) to get anything defrosted, let alone the while 9 windshield. When it's on on the vents only, you can only feel the warm air when you put your hand about 2 inches in front of a vent. Wondering if this is normal.

- Every time we get any precipitation, it seems to settle inside the doors/jams and freezes in there and almost always freezes my doors shut from the amount that is getting in. The seals don't look bad, no cracks or missing sections. Again, wondering if this is a normal issue and if there's anything to combat this annoying phenom

-Just tonight after getting in after work i get a dash message saying to check or service suspension system. Previous owner had recently put in New front shocks as well as new rears with compressors. Wondering if an ice/snow build up somewhere could suddenly be prompting this to come on.

-lastly, another slight nuance I've noticed is that sometimes the cruise won't engage when setting it.

Any help or advise appreciated! I'm going nuts here. Thanks

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have lots of heat and it shouldn’t take 30 minutes to get it. I suspect you’ve got a clogged heater core, stuck blend door, or a dirty cabin filter if you’ve got one.
Cruise control—does it not engage, but engages if you try again immediately? Or on any given day it doesn’t engage at all?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The moisture build up causing your doors to freeze up could be related to have water settling in the bottoms of the back seat doors. I remember a while back that there was a thread and the member had a tahoe. After a heavy rain the bottom of his doors were full of water because the small drains along the lower edge of the doors were totally clogged with dirt and grime build up. Check the bottoms of those back seat doors. If there’s any water build up inside the doors it will slowly seep out into the door jambs, which could explain your doors freezing shut. I take a zip tie and stick into each door drain too loosen all the dirt after every wash and after heavy rains.

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple of questions/concerns that I've noticed after owning this vehicle for about a month now. And what a month of weather it's been to have it.

- I've got a headlight out. Is there any words of wisdom when it comes to changing these things? It doesn't look pleasant

- I've noticed the blower doesn't seem like it has much 'umph', even when on high. When I have it on defrost/floor my feet freeze the whole time and it takes well over a half hour (my commute time) to get anything defrosted, let alone the while 9 windshield. When it's on on the vents only, you can only feel the warm air when you put your hand about 2 inches in front of a vent. Wondering if this is normal.

- Every time we get any precipitation, it seems to settle inside the doors/jams and freezes in there and almost always freezes my doors shut from the amount that is getting in. The seals don't look bad, no cracks or missing sections. Again, wondering if this is a normal issue and if there's anything to combat this annoying phenom

-Just tonight after getting in after work i get a dash message saying to check or service suspension system. Previous owner had recently put in New front shocks as well as new rears with compressors. Wondering if an ice/snow build up somewhere could suddenly be prompting this to come on.

-lastly, another slight nuance I've noticed is that sometimes the cruise won't engage when setting it.

1. Replace your bulbs. Life expectancy in an 09 is pretty much over for the bulbs. Make sure you have the moisture caps on the back of the assemblies or your next post will be “Condensation in my headlights!”

2. It’s an 09, flush the ENTIRE coolant system including the heater core. It’s the most logical place to start and the cheapest. My entire truck is warm within 5-10 minutes and the 10 minute times come from it being below zero outside temps for a few straight days.

3. If the seals look good it could be a bad door alignment........or it could still be the seals. Check to make sure they rebound when you squeeze them, if not you need to replace them.

4. Service suspension could be bad wiring. Check the terminals on all 4 struts and wiggle the wiring a bit. If it’s not plugged into the factory wiring or there’s a resistor wired in you have passive struts and they wired around the sensors with the resistors so the warning doesn’t come up. Resistors and wiring doesn’t like cold and wet, could be the source of the warning.

5. Cruise control? What’s that? I don’t use it and I don’t even know if it works on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BAWLin in WI

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
You should have lots of heat and it shouldn’t take 30 minutes to get it. I suspect you’ve got a clogged heater core, stuck blend door, or a dirty cabin filter if you’ve got one.
Cruise control—does it not engage, but engages if you try again immediately? Or on any given day it doesn’t engage at all?
Cruise control it seems will not engage on certain drives. I thought maybe if the cruise control was left on (button depressed) after last drive and was still depressed upon starting and driving again is when it seemed to not want to engage that next time. (If that makes sense). I go to set the cruise and the green icon briefly appears and feels like it's set for half a second and then the icon disappears and the cruise control is definitely not set. I retry multiple times and it won't engage. Only does this once in a while, not every trip i make, but definitely enough to be noticeable and also annoying.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you have access to a Tech-2 or other bi-directional scan tool? Brake switch under the dash could be going bad causing the problems with the cruise control. Your ACs actuator(s) could be out of synch or going bad as well. Only an advanced scan tool can read BCM codes and work with them.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
I have to say that you are driving an escalade, A luxury suv with all the bells and whistles, All electronically monitored and controlled. You absolutely must purchase an advanced scan tool and learn to use it!!!!! I am just about to get my tech2 from aliexpress for approx $300. Your vehicle is telling you whats wrong all the time, You simply lack the interpreter "tech2". Your going to have to make it a priority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645