2009 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
My search for a new vehicle is over. I am buying a 2009 Escalade. 152k, very clean and well maintained. I hope I got a good deal at $16k.

Recent maintenance includes

New tires
New alternator and battery
New plugs and wires
New power steering pump
New oil pan gasket
New rear shocks and compressors
New front shocks (converted from air ride to standard HD shocks)

Throw me any feed back or anything I might need to look into. Wasn't sure if the front shocks being converted would be an issue or make a huge difference in ride quality

Will be looking for floor mats. Have been looking at weather tech and husky so far.

Might also look into a Diablo tuner but I am not familiar with tuning or if it would be worth it/necessary.

I also have a set of wheels from my Silverado I would like to throw on it for winter driving in the salt and snow but the are slightly larger than what is on it now. 376622e523d859f935c9a2196a43d2cd.jpg
c17bfc3a647af00b6e8373987fa1dd90.jpg
5028b7f30c02d626ebf56362697e6337.jpg
cdafb9581a3792ae9607fa57d810d1c4.jpg

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

14rcsbOH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, & nice lookin ride! Check out Black Bear Performance if your looking for a tune, & I don’t believe the front shocks are “actually” air ride. Just trying to knock out a few of your questions, Im sure others will add more info soon.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She looks great Adam! Get a Tech-2 so you can work on it. Is she AWD or 2WD? How do you like the cashmere interior over the ebony? How does the underside look rust wise?

OP
OP
BAWLin in WI

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
It is AWD.

I have had ebony interior in the last 2 vehicles and 3 of the last 5. Haven't been a fan of it especially when it's sunny and hot outside. Only down side of cashmere is a lot of the Escalades I looked at with it had more visible wear/dirt- especially in the seatbelt strap.

OP
OP
BAWLin in WI

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
Also, a big turn on with this particular one was that the owner is a detailer so it was very clean and kept up- even when I went to go look at it after a fresh snow storm.

What is a Tech-2? Is that an automotive scanner?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Also, a big turn on with this particular one was that the owner is a detailer so it was very clean and kept up- even when I went to go look at it after a fresh snow storm.

What is a Tech-2? Is that an automotive scanner?

Yes. The GM bidirectional scan tool.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean looking Escalade. Cashmere is tough to keep clean, but it does look nice.

Black Bear tune would wake that 6.2 up even more.
http://www.blackbearperformance.com

They are a forum sponsor. Can do in person tunes if in your area. Schedule is on their website and they can tune remotely via email and their AutoCal device.

Probably the best mod I did to both trucks beyond aesthetics.

OP
OP
BAWLin in WI

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
I had read on another forum site somewhere that was generally 5.3 and 6.2 talk about Diablo Tuner and Diablo-Lew custom tunes. Does anyone have any experience with that at all? I had been looking at the Diablo Trinity T2 Platinum and had seemed to be finding good reviews.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I had read on another forum site somewhere that was generally 5.3 and 6.2 talk about Diablo Tuner and Diablo-Lew custom tunes. Does anyone have any experience with that at all? I had been looking at the Diablo Trinity T2 Platinum and had seemed to be finding good reviews.

My 5.3 Burb is Diablew tuned. Very pleased with the results. I'm not familiar with the Trinity. I have the I2.