2009 Chevy Tahoe Driver's window switch problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_SSV

Reaction score
So, my Driver's window switch isn't working properly. It will roll down the 2 rear windows, but the 2 front windows...Nothing. The passenger switch works fine and if I put passenger switch on drivers side it will roll window down. I took switch apart and cleaned the switch housing, the pad, plungers and all the contacts. That didn't work. Any ideas?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, my Driver's window switch isn't working properly. It will roll down the 2 rear windows, but the 2 front windows...Nothing. The passenger switch works fine and if I put passenger switch on drivers side it will roll window down. I took switch apart and cleaned the switch housing, the pad, plungers and all the contacts. That didn't work. Any ideas?
+1 to what @intheburbs said. Super easy to replace but you'll need a Tech 2 to program the new one to your truck.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isopropyl alcohol if that doesn’t work new switch/wire pigtail my pigtail in my passenger side is giving me issues in my 01. etc etc

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 to what @intheburbs said. Super easy to replace but you'll need a Tech 2 to program the new one to your truck.

He can also roll the dice and try to find a used switch from a a similarly equipped truck and it could plug and play without the programming. I was able to do this finding one on eBay.

OP
OP
Tahoe_SSV

Tahoe_SSV

Reaction score
My drivers side switch will operate all windows accept for driver window. If I put passengers switch on drivers side it will work. Do I have to replace the whole unit? They are ridiculously expensive. At least 100 bucks.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My drivers side switch will operate all windows accept for driver window. If I put passengers switch on drivers side it will work. Do I have to replace the whole unit? They are ridiculously expensive. At least 100 bucks.
Are you sure it's not the regulator?