2008 Yukon voltage / starting help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 Yukon xl
Wife had doors open cleaning out the yuk. Key out of ign. After about 45 mins it would not start. Bolt meter pegged on low. Battery voltage was 13. Took battery cable off for 10 seconds, replaced and she fired right up. What the heck is going on. Is a module going out or to sleep?
Thanks in advance for the help

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Get battery tested. If it's good, then a module may have gotten fussy.

Had something happen after getting it to start with a nearly dead battery on my '05. Every ******** light that could be on was illuminated, mirrors stuck in reverse mode. I thought something in the electronics side blew up. Disconnected battery, touched the sides together, put everything back in place and no issues

OP
OP
harveje

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL... Battery is good, it acted like something was interlocked and not allowing voltage thru.. All I did was unhook batt, count to 10 replace and dangit she fired up, no dragging or anything

OP
OP
harveje

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only good thing was she was at home and not at a car wash or on a trip.. This will bug me now.. Nothing in the vehicle would work, locks, chime, windows, starter, lights, nothing. So it's gotta be a computer doing it and I don't want it to happen when I'm not around..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent