2008 Tahoe..Rattle when turning right!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
For now, since the noise seems to come from the front-as you said before, do just the fronts and drive it.

OP
OP
B

Bsb120

Reaction score
Alright... update guys, I didn’t get to do sway bar links because as my luck would have it, it snowed in South Carolina. Anyways what’s chances the cv axel is what’s rattling, when you grab it, you can shake back and forth and it makes a sound kind of similar to what I hear inside? I have a short video of it. But I don’t see anyway to upload here.

OP
OP
B

Bsb120

Reaction score
So they should have some play and that sound when you move it? I’m not very good at drivetrain stuff

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It has to have play in and out so it can shift as you turn left and right. It is called end play. As long as the boots are intact and the grease is inside the boots it should be good. The end at the wheel is locked down with the axle nut. The end at the transfer case is held with a cir clip. It has to have some play or it would feel like a seized u-joint.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bsb120

Reaction score
i have about the same play in mine.
Ok thank you. I did notice yesterday I jacked it up to inspect everything and look again to see if I could find a rattle then when I drove it later there was 0 rattle. After about 4 or 5 miles it started again. So it seems as though when you take the pressure off it “fixes” the problem temporarily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmen_1217