2008 tahoe lift gate actuator rod end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mykon04

Reaction score
Ok my lift gate motor was making a popping noise when opening at start and then would lift. Almost like a stripped out gear and then catch and finish the lift.

We found that the end that attaches to the gate is cracked.
Can I just buy the end or do I have to buy a complete rod and actuator. I looked on rock auto and think they just have the rod but I was wondering if someone had any idea where to get just the end?

SiWilli

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I know this is very old and no replies but have the same problem on my 2011. The rod broke off from the top where it connects to gate. A broken screw fell from inside the panel. Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and was able to fix. Quick search looks like they no longer sell mounting brackets and support separate (discontinued) and you have to order the entire module but will keep looking around. Thanks!

Elmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have that problem now. I can by the rod but I do not see any way to buy simply the plastic end piece that locks to the ball socket. The side that broke is the easy to get at top. So how to access the connector at lower end at the motor gear to replace the whole rod? Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts