2008 Suburban custom tail light Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
i know im late as hell but do you think you have any pics or at least a link the sockets you used for this turn signal mod.

I don't but I believe they were 7443 bulb sockets if my memory serves me.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the original 2 wire socket for the reverse light and replaced it with a 3 wire socket and put White/Amber type 2 switchback LED bulbs so that the clear portion of the lens now acts as the reverse light and the turn signal so it does double duty.

any write up on this?

ive been trying to wire it up and having no luck lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
any write up on this?

ive been trying to wire it up and having no luck lol

What issues are you having?

I never did a write up... I thought it was fairly self explanatory but I guess maybe not... lol

The 3 wire socket needs a ground, obviously, and then you hook the positive lead from the trucks reverse light to what would be the "parking/running light" (low beam/dim) wire of the 3 wire socket.

Then you hook the positive lead from the trucks turn signal to what would be the "brake/turn signal light" (high beam/bright) wire of the 3 wire socket.

The original (turn signal) light in the lower portion of the light then gets hooked up to the upper light so that it functions as a brake light as well.

Let me know if you need more help.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, doing this in the cold so i was rushing a bit. I had the wires from the new socket in the wrong order. the drivers side has more wires than the pass side so it messed me up a bit haha.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Gotcha, doing this in the cold so i was rushing a bit. I had the wires from the new socket in the wrong order. the drivers side has more wires than the pass side so it messed me up a bit haha.

I guess I won't be the only one with this mod soon from the sound of it.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trend setter !! Lol.

ive had all led bulbs in my oem tails for awhile now and looked up mods for them and came across youre thread here and it struck me as something sweet i could do to be different up here. Youll get all the credit if and when i talk about the mod though :happy107:

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Trend setter !! Lol.

ive had all led bulbs in my oem tails for awhile now and looked up mods for them and came across youre thread here and it struck me as something sweet i could do to be different up here. Youll get all the credit if and when i talk about the mod though :happy107:

No worries. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say, so I'm honored.

I'm just glad we aren't in the same town, everyone might start to think that our tail lights were normal/stock.... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j