2008 Denali Goes Much Much Faster!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
K ddsl...you are correct...id like to keep it quiet and not too loud...

Blower future plans? i never know...i say no now, but later on i want to FI...

Thats what happened with my last vehicle

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fourth gear is WAY TOO HIGH- especially on a DynoJet. It revs out too fast, probably around 2 secs rather than 10 secs.

If you can, I would recommend you trying to do it in 3rd- as it stands you risk blowing your driveshaft.

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
:Grenade:
I thought 4th was the standard gear for running the 6L80...
When I get the final tune installed I will run it again in 3rd and in 4th just to have a base comparo as I do not have 3rd gear runs to compare against!

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. One last 4th gear pull with the final tune and that's it.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
350? What does that equate to in real real wheel horse power? I thought there is a loss or gain from the dyno. I thought it would be over 400 with the mods you have and the truck coming with 380 stock.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 403HP stock from the manufacturer is at the crank (for Denali/XL, Escalade and SLT Sierra).

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
As Jenna mentioned, the numbers you are quoting are crank hp.
A stock 2008 Denali would dyno around 280 at the wheels on this dyno with the way the guy has it set up. 2009 up Denali is slightly higher as GM increased output to 403 crank.
Achieving 350 awhp is a jump of about 70 horsepower at the wheels.
This is not bad at all. We will see if we can squeeze out a few more hp with the final tune.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn't a single mfg. that gives HP ratings "at the tires". Every number is crank horsepower, always. Depending on drivetrain (2WD, 4WD, auto, manual, etc), the drivetrain "loss" is usually given to be 15-20%. For all the cars/trucks I've built (usually power robbing automatics) I use 18%. That means the truck is around 420-430HP. I would have expected more given my tuned but otherwise stock 6.2 made 340 RWHP, but what's most important is to look at the difference between stock RWHP and what the modded RWHP is, especially since there are so many variables between dynos, correction factors, temperature, humidity, gas, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtidd

Latest posts