2008 Denali/Ebcm fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad Route

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok hopefully someone can chime in and has experience or knowledge on this. I have a 2008 yukon denali and about 2 weeks ago my tc, abs and brake light all come on. It drives fairly normal other than not having abs as long as it doesn't start flashing. However, there are times when the lights will start intermittently blinking and it gets a little sketchy as the car starts to brake on its own.
I went to my local mechanical and hooked it up to his scanner hoping it would be a simple abs speed sensor or something. However, his reader showed that its an abs module fault which leads him to believe it needs replaced. That's fine but It's my work car and I need to drive it in the meantime if possible. I figured I would just pull the abs fuse and eliminate the system and run old school until I get it replaced. I checked the owners manual for the fuse location. I then removed the cover off the fuse box under the hood and it's showing completely different fuse locations than the manual. I went with the under the hood fuse guideline and pulled the 60 Amp fuse (I believe there's 3 different ones 60,40,20?) And it still acted up. Do I have to pull all 3 fuses? Or maybe the owners manual is actually the accurate schematic? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok hopefully someone can chime in and has experience or knowledge on this. I have a 2008 yukon denali and about 2 weeks ago my tc, abs and brake light all come on. It drives fairly normal other than not having abs as long as it doesn't start flashing. However, there are times when the lights will start intermittently blinking and it gets a little sketchy as the car starts to brake on its own.
I went to my local mechanical and hooked it up to his scanner hoping it would be a simple abs speed sensor or something. However, his reader showed that its an abs module fault which leads him to believe it needs replaced. That's fine but It's my work car and I need to drive it in the meantime if possible. I figured I would just pull the abs fuse and eliminate the system and run old school until I get it replaced. I checked the owners manual for the fuse location. I then removed the cover off the fuse box under the hood and it's showing completely different fuse locations than the manual. I went with the under the hood fuse guideline and pulled the 60 Amp fuse (I believe there's 3 different ones 60,40,20?) And it still acted up. Do I have to pull all 3 fuses? Or maybe the owners manual is actually the accurate schematic? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I believe the abs fuse on these trucks is inside the truck behind the drivers side left/dash panel
and yes you can drive it fine with the abs fuse out
the abs module on these trucks are not prone to failure like the gmt800's were, so you might want to check what the specific codes are and then report back and let us know it could be a harness or something other than the abs module

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Like @Doubeleive said, I doubt is the module because usually modules are almost bullet proof and i cringe every time I read a thread where CEL is read and codes pulled and the first words out of someone's mouth is that the module may be bad. ANY code requires diagnostic steps to determine the problem or a lucky guess or a TSB or past history here on the forum. I would want to look at EVERY ground connection and make sure they are in order. May well be just a connection at the ABS module. Even the module problems on the GMT800's typically were a solder problem and not the whole module itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts