2007 z71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been kinda playing around seeing what all I could get if I ever wanted to trade, just out of curiousity. Never have been serious about getting rid of my Tahoe.

But, there DOES happen to be a 2007 Tahoe Z71 in my area with the interior I like...and it has all the same options and actually a few less miles...and a lot less problems than mine. :Handshake:

Do you guys think it'd be a dumb decision to move down 1 year model? I mean it's only a couple thousand less in resale, and I have always REALLY liked the Z71 exterior and interior, I would not change a thing...whereas with mine I feel as if I need to keep modding.

I'd still get to keep all my features like sunroof and power liftgate, and then I'd gain the power-folding and heated 2nd row.

Don't get me wrong, I really do love my vehicle...but this Z71 is tempting. I can't get over the gray and black seats and all brushed aluminum interior. And the dealer is offering an even swap, so there wouldn't be any costs beside new tags.

Just an idea. What do you think? Should I at least try an overnight test drive to see if I even like it?

Last edited:

ICON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had both and it all pretty much depends on what you like best. I like my Z71 better. Maybe if you wanted to switch colors it would be worth it. I went from a black on cashmere (gross) LTZ to white on black Z71. If you like the Z71 body and interior better then go for it.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for the Z71. Even trade, less miles and better truck IMO; no brainer in my book :). I am assuming you would return the existing Tahoe to stock and use some of those on the Z71.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually maybe not. I really love the Z71 looks on its own...I of course would do the little mods though - LED interior lights and exterior minus the tails. I think the stock ones work better on the Z71. Maybe the LED tails that look exactly like stock.

I want it, and the problems mine is having are going to be an expensive fix...but my mom wants to go with that route. Mainly because she doesn't like to go in places, especially dealerships. I would think it would just be smarter since it would be cheaper than repairing mine but if the Z71 I'm looking at has problems itself then maybe not.

Last edited:

dheadv8q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my Silver Birch Z71. The off color silver Z71 accents don't really work with my color, but I'm very happy with the Z71 option. Mine is black only interior. I like the brushed aluminum look interior trim over the plastic wood. I will eventually buy a set of the LTZ 20" 5 spokes and sell my stock 18s.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah I see. I would want something different than the full ebony interior like what I have now. I am tired of black-on-black, so black and gray seats work for me.

I am wanting to do this, but my mom does have a point. At least we know where my vehicle has been since day 1 since it was purchased new. Plus my family members, who already aren't happy with the fact I have this vehicle, would think I wasn't happy with mine and wanted to trade it. Which isn't true. I'm happy with it, but I do think it could be more sensible to spend less on just trading for a different, equivalent one if it's cheaper than fixing mine.

But, she wants to just get mine fixed and I am just fine with that. That Z71 is sweet, but if I don't get it, I won't be unhappy. :)

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Zach, could you post a link to the z71 you're thinking about getting? If it is even listed online that is...I'm interested in seeing the interior.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
x08ct-ta016.jpg

I know it's a stock photo but it was a lot easier than looking up that Tahoe.

m332is

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what's wrong with your truck - what needs to be fixed? At least you know whaty you have... you don't know why the guy got rid of the Z71.

Vince

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24