2007 Yukon Denali Build (This got outta hand really quick...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my DJM Front and Rear Sway bars yesterday but didnt bother taking any pictures, just too much to pull out and do. I will get some posted up when I get ready to install. They are VERY heavy strong. Just so you know @Red Rocket, the 07+ DJM bars are indeed larger in the front and hollow. In fact they are 1.5" to be exact and do not use Poly either and use original factory metal mount. Hollow bar in Front, Solid in Rear (1.13"). Energy Suspension doesn't even make a bushing that large for front I believe at least not in the catalog. I will need to call around and find something.

Moving on... Spoke to Tony today and although my BellTech order was lost somehow on BellTech's end, he managed to get them to upgrade the shipping and I will have everything by Friday so I can hopefully get cracking on installation of everything this weekend. I hate sitting here looking at all of these parts. Especially when I now have ALL of my LSA parts as well!!! That's right, the LSA bottom end came today. It's not as pretty as the Whipple @Red Rocket is using but I am very excited to get this thing on. Did I mention this thing is really heavy? Shipping label said 75lbs... Jesus... I sure hope you guys appreciate the pictures, I've got a bad back and almost broke it trying to get this thing inside to get some pictures. Here they are. Will keep you all posted with the build.

20170425110005-879728bf-me.jpg

20170425110031-0acdf6f8-me.jpg

20170425105514-1a59458a-me.jpg

Last edited:

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I received my DJM Front and Rear Sway bars yesterday but didnt bother taking any pictures, just too much to pull out and do. I will get some posted up when I get ready to install. They are VERY heavy strong. Just so you know @Red Rocket, the 07+ DJM bars are indeed larger in the front and hollow. In fact they are 1.5" to be exact and do not use Poly either and use original factory metal mount. Hollow bar in Front, Solid in Rear (1.13"). Energy Suspension doesn't even make a bushing that large for front I believe at least not in the catalog. I will need to call around and find something.

Moving on... Spoke to Tony today and although my BellTech order was lost somehow one BellTech's end, he managed to get them to upgrade the shipping and I will have everything by Friday so I can hopefully get cracking on installation of everything this weekend. I hate sitting here looking at all of these parts. Especially when I now have ALL of my LSA parts as well!!! That's right, the LSA bottom end came today. It's not as pretty as the Whipple @Red Rocket is using but I am very excited to get this thing on. Did I mention this thing is really heavy? Shipping label said 75lbs... Jesus... I sure hope you guys appreciate the pictures, I've got a bad back and almost broke it trying to get this thing inside to get some pictures. Here they are. Will keep you all posted with the build.

20170425110005-879728bf-me.jpg

20170425110031-0acdf6f8-me.jpg

20170425105514-1a59458a-me.jpg
So much awesome rt here!

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I forgot to mention in this update today that for NO good reason last night (other than the RED color lol) I decided to purchase a Power Stop EVO Brake Kit for all 4 corners (other than it will look awesome!) and AutoAnything has them for $779 (25% off) with a stackable 7% off coupon right now. I couldn't say no even though I didn't need brakes. I am probably buying these wheels in black 22" from Tony @NORCAL SS and was going to paint or powder coat my calipers red but after thinking about how many times I would have to repaint them and all the hassle, I decided to spend the money and get the nicer looking rotors to go with it.

s-l1600.jpg

powerstop_z23_evolution_caliper_brake_kit_hero.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the Alternator relocation bracket and the new Idler pulleys. This setup uses the factory tensioner and a 6 rib belt. The belt rides in the MIDDLE of the supercharger pulley instead of the outside or inside ribs like most of the kits. I got this and the rebuilt LSA from NextGen Performance. They're bracket kit was half the cost of the crappy kits you see on eBay... Pulleys come factory torqued and everything is powder coated black.

*I had issues with this kit and the Junk from Murphy... Currently using OEM CTS V brackets as seen here:

IMG_3074.jpeg

IMG_3149.jpeg

IMG_3239.jpeg

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
energy suspension should have a sway bar bushing that large.

if not, hotchkis does.

& your 1.5 front sway bar is hollow?
different. most that i have seen, including mine are solid (though mine is for 15+)

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
energy suspension should have a sway bar bushing that large.

if not, hotchkis does.

& your 1.5 front sway bar is hollow?
different. most that i have seen, including mine are solid (though mine is for 15+)

I will have to check... I would say hollow for sure in front. The rear one was solid and heavier than the front one. I didn't measure but my eye and specs said 1.5" front. ES webpage did not list a 1.5" bushing at all. I'll check Hotchkis though, good call.

Maybe @NORCAL SS can chime in about the DJM bars here, not sure how active he's been on the forums...

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have to check... I would say hollow for sure in front. The rear one was solid and heavier than the front one. I didn't measure but my eye and specs said 1.5" front. ES webpage did not list a 1.5" bushing at all. I'll check Hotchkis though, good call.

Maybe @NORCAL SS can chime in about the DJM bars here, not sure how active he's been on the forums...

Hotchkis bars are also 1.5" front & Hollow. Good news is I can get their bushing kit. Even their back bar is tubular however....

From Hotchkis site: Features: Lightweight durable 1.50 in tubular steel front sway bar Lightweight durable 1.25 in tubular steel rear sway bar

Edit: I guess Energy Suspension does make a 38mm (1.5") non greasable bushing. I'll talk to Tony to see if it's needed. Maybe DJM got the bushing issues all sorted out...

Last edited:
OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received another package today... The wife is starting to ask a lot of questions lol. Unfortunately my chassis builder is out of town unexpectedly for an additional week now so I can't start to install anything until May 5th :-(

20170427101934-e92d687f-me.jpg

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received another package today... The wife is starting to ask a lot of questions lol. Unfortunately my chassis builder is out of town unexpectedly for an additional week now so I can't start to install anything until May 5th :-(

20170427101934-e92d687f-me.jpg
Nice!! I've been trying to find an upgrade for rear calipers like dual piston no luck yet

sent from galaxy s6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA