2007 Yukon 2500 SLT2 purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dasanii19

Reaction score
OP
OP
D

Dasanii19

Reaction score
Good to know about the washer fluid. So if it wasn’t removed, should I remove it or leave it? I’m more concerned about the air bag recall. GM doesn’t seem to be doing anything about this . I was reading how they explode and are killing people with shrap metal.
There was a recall on the heated washer fluid pump. If the owner's brought it in for service, it was removed and they were reimbursed for the option. No, it's not normal for the ring and pinion to be replaced but not unheard of.
Good to know about the washer fluid. So if it wasn’t removed, should I remove it or leave it? I’m more concerned about the air bag recall. GM doesn’t seem to be doing anything about this . I was reading how they explode and are killing people with shrap metal.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice find on the 2500! They're tough vehicles to locate with low mileage and in good condition.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to make light of a serious subject, but the word is shrapnel. ;)

GM is claiming that the airbag modules made by Takata were custom-made to GM specs, with thicker housings, and less likely to break apart. I'd be curious to see a list of vehicles where deaths/injuries occurred. But honestly I don't really think twice about it, and the Suburban is still the family truckster.

Simple way to see if the heated washer fluid was disabled - push the button. If it's functioning the button light will flash a few times and then the washer/wipers will cycle. That was a pretty serious recall, I doubt many vehicles slipped through without it.

Alphatherm makes the replacement heated washer fluid unit. I have one in my '08 Suburban and it works well. Was also a very simple install.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw this posted up. This might have been a better deal that what I bought. What do you think?
https://reno.craigslist.org/ctd/d/rocklin-2007-gmc-yukon-xl-denali-awd/6803597117.html

It's nice but it's not a 2500! You got the better deal by far IMO.

Leave it. I wouldn't worry about the airbag thing. If you have it, GM should replace it. I don't have those even though every attorney under the sun contacted me anyway.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think if I were to put these 2018 20” Denali wheels on it instead? Would it look better?

View attachment 214797 View attachment 214798

Those are nice, but won't fit your 07. I think 2011 GM changed stuff and the lug pattern is different. When I worked at a chevy dealer a few years back, a guy traded his 07 2500hd on a 2013 and wanted his wheels swapped. I went to put the 2013 wheels on his 07 and they would not go on.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this information on gmtrucks to make sure I'm remembering correctly:

'With the 2011 redesign came a new lug pattern (8 x 180mm). Until then, all HD trucks used a standard 8 x 6.5" pattern since the dawn of time'

OP
OP
D

Dasanii19

Reaction score
It's nice but it's not a 2500! You got the better deal by far IMO.

Leave it. I wouldn't worry about the airbag thing. If you have it, GM should replace it. I don't have those even though every attorney under the sun contacted me anyway.

Isn’t the Denali a 3/4 ton as well? I thought 6.2 liter would also be a 3/4 ton?

OP
OP
D

Dasanii19

Reaction score
I spoke to the original owner. He said he special ordered this 2500 and it took months to get. He said that when it was still new, at idle it was over heating. He said that some GM director flew over and had a new radiator installed as well as a cooling fan that automatically turns on to cool down the radiator when it reaches a certain tempature. Has anyone else heard of this as a fix? He said that the rear end was replaced because it was making a whining noise. He said that he lived literally a mile away from GMC and wasn’t shy about taking it in and getting things replaced when it was under warranty (see the Carfax). He was a very particular guy from what ive found. Everything looks brand new and was garaged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts