2007 Tahoe; Warm Start Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjreynolds928

Reaction score
Tahoe starts everytime when it’s a cold start. However, after running for about 30 minutes or more, the starter kicks and kicks and kicks and doesn’t turn over the motor. I have a fuel smell and then when I try again, it starts. I replaced the fuel pump about 6 months ago and then had the dealer run new fuel lines from the tank to the fuel rails. Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be the starter solenoid. What do you mean by the starter kicks - it spins but does not engage, it clicks but does not spin, the engine cranks but does not start?...Need specifics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mjreynolds928

mjreynolds928

Reaction score
could be the starter solenoid. What do you mean by the starter kicks - it spins but does not engage, it clicks but does not spin, the engine cranks but does not start?...Need specifics.
Sorry. Starter turns over. Engine doesn’t start. The Tahoe times out trying to turn over after 20-30 seconds and stops trying. If I try again immediately, it starts. No other problems. The starter does hesitate at every start up. But I am assuming this is a fuel issue. Didn’t consider a starter solenoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
If the engine spins over but doesn't start I would suspect the evap Purge solenoid on the intake manifold. Especially since you say that you smell gas.

If your purge valve sticks open the your engine becomes flooded with all the fuel vapors from your charcoal canister, when you try to start the truck the fuel injectors exacerbate the already flooded condition.

The next time it won't start like that hold you accelerator pedal to the floor while cranking the engine, this will put the ECM into clear flood mode and will turn off the injectors and allow the fuel vapors to be burned up faster.

If that test clears your issue then replace the Purge valve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave