2007 Tahoe LS full rebuild project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PeteCT

PeteCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A steam gun with a hose attached to reach into the corners helps greatly with installing the Katzkins. You can get the foam to puff up into the corners so they come out tight. Believe me it makes a world of difference using one to eliminate wrinkles. To do the headrests, remove the old covers and put a thin plastic bag like the ones from a grocery store over the foam, clamp the headrest using a vise on one of the posts, and wrap the open end of the plastic bag around your vacuum cleaner hose attachment and tape it closed. Turn on the vacuum and it will suck the foam until it shrinks enough to get the cover over it. Get it positioned right and then turn off the vacuum. It will come out perfect. Cut the end off the plastic bag and bingo.

Thank you! Someday this week will put on headrest following your advice. Progress so far.

IMG_0276.jpg IMG_0277.jpg

OP
OP
PeteCT

PeteCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About issues with brakes. So far - no brakes accidents, I think new hose+caliper did the work but I have a feeling that the truck is underperforming. I was thinking - oh that is breaks again, but no smoke or heat from brakes. Will test it on a highway today.

OP
OP
PeteCT

PeteCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was a but busy with a few other car projects, but finally came back to Tahoe. Painted last weekend (was experimenting with paint + clear, ended up with very very strange color -> semi-gloss industrial gray blue/greenish shade in the shadows with high contrast).
Time to cleanup, paint mirror covers in high gloss black, put new plastic steps and ready to roll.

BTW, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PUT IN LOWER GRILLE! Broke bunch of plastic teeth on the top of the bottom grille :( Any advice?
While the truck was sitting waiting to be painted, right led light died. will check what is happening.

truck2.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was a but busy with a few other car projects, but finally came back to Tahoe. Painted last weekend (was experimenting with paint + clear, ended up with very very strange color -> semi-gloss industrial gray blue/greenish shade in the shadows with high contrast).
Time to cleanup, paint mirror covers in high gloss black, put new plastic steps and ready to roll.

BTW, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PUT IN LOWER GRILLE! Broke bunch of plastic teeth on the top of the bottom grille :( Any advice?
While the truck was sitting waiting to be painted, right led light died. will check what is happening.

View attachment 354415
Nice. Of course we need more pics of the paint.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 354415
That’s a cool color!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts