2007 Tahoe Driver Door Power Lock Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ribalfire

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

On my 2007 Tahoe, all of the sudden my drivers side power lock will not work, only manual. All other locks work and the switch and fob unlocks all other doors. Is this an actuator issue or is there a fuse that could have blown? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you hear any sound from that door while the others lock? If so the rod may have come off the lock button.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take off the door panel and inspect, the actuator takes 12v so if it is visibly not working test the harness while locking/unlocking with a meter, if you have 12v to the actuator and it does not operate-replace, if you do not have 12v at the harness then the problem is back from there, the most likely suspect is the switch.

me88

Reaction score
The door lock actuators are a known weakpoint of these vehicles.

I have replaced them at first with GM parts, but I'm trying a cheaper knock-off in one door. So far it works nicely, the only difference is that the door sounds slightly different when you close it. The door lock actuator and the latch is one combined part.

OP
OP
R

Ribalfire

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it was a bit warmer today 20f (Alaska) and all of the sudden the power lock works like normal again. It could just be intermittent. Regardless I ordered a new actuator in the case it stops again. Thanks for everyone’s help.

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough. I am having the same issue on my driver rear door. Worked fine this morning, now nothing.. Now I wonder if mine will start working again in a day or two.. I check the suggested parts on my next day off..

Gotta love random electrical parts that die with no warning..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore